Silver dresses are so in fashion nowadays, mostly for the younger generation, although more mature women are finally shifting tastes and opting for this color when dressing up for very special occasions. Whether the dress material is glossy or comes in a flat type of silver, it can be an outstanding and stylish outfit. Silver dresses are more frequently worn on special nights out, whether for a wedding, a prom, or for night-clubbing, among others.
Silver is a striking color that can very well stand on its own, which is the reason why some women may find accessorizing it a little more complicated than most. It really doesn't have to be so difficult because there are several ways you can enhance that silver dress a little bit more:
- Black has been a favorite color when it comes to complementing silver. Black and glossy high heeled shoes or strappy sandals look great on a silver dress. You can also try wearing shoes made from materials that have some texture like crocodile or snakeskin. Zebra prints are also an option worth looking at. Plain black sandals with silver accents will definitely look great.
- Jewelry set in blue stones are added accents that go very well with silver. Sapphires and turquoise are just some of the stones you can use to accessorize. Blues convey coolness and blend well with silver that has an icier feel. Another idea that would surely add an extra touch of class to your silver dress would be to wear onyx earrings. Its black and white hues emit a subtle type of beauty in perfect contrast to the bold look of silver. Try wearing shoes in blue tones, mostly on dark and midnight.
- Other accessories you can get away with in silver or are those that come in ruby reds, emerald greens and purples. Stay away from yellow and orange hues. They do not mix well with silver.
- If you love the look of gold, you can still wear certain jewelry that have both gold and silver metals combined in their own specific designs. They can be earrings, watches, bangles, or rings, and you can use them to add more sparkle to your outfit.
- A new trend that has come up are gunmetal accessories which are a combination of silver, blue and black hues. Some stones that carry this metallic shade are hematite and onyx. Worn on silver, they exude an air of sophistication and are highly fashionable.
- You can also opt to make your dress shine on its own by wearing small diamond stud earrings and silver strappy sandals or shoes with transparent heels for a simple but classy look.
Learn how to experiment. There is so much you can do to make a silver dress even more outstanding than it really is. Avoid overpowering accessories, though. They may steal the show from the dress it a not so attractive way. Take a little time to try on several accessories with your outfit before stepping out. By mixing and matching a few items here and there, you will be able to come up with the perfect look, all prettied up and ready for your night out.