A paraffin facial is where warm paraffin is placed on your skin. The paraffin is very soothing and contains many nutrients that sink in to your skin. It helps repair the skin and makes your skin more hydrated.
The paraffin facial treatment works well on many different types of skin, including aging skin. It is not advisable, however, for people who have really sensitive skin, oily skin, or skin with blemishes to get a paraffin facial. For those who do get it, it will definitely help your skin feel firmer, more hydrated, and appear more luminous. For aging skin it can help get rid of wrinkles and lines. This treatment will get rid of unwanted toxins and help restore the skin so that it looks and feels better than ever. Here are the steps you will need to follow in order to properly apply a paraffin facial.
- paraffin wax
- paraffin bath
- natural bristle brush
- gauze facial mask
- face lotion
- First you will need a natural bristle brush; do not use a synthetic brush as synthetic brushes can not apply the paraffin evenly. You will also need a paraffin bath, paraffin wax, gauze facial masks (pre-cut), and a lotion for your face.
- The second thing you need to do is melt the paraffin wax. Once it is entirely melted, lower the heat.
- Third, you will need to massage the person's face with the face lotion so that her skin won't be too dry for the treatment.
- The fourth thing you need to do is take out your natural bristle brush and dip it into the paraffin wax. Apply it with the brush to the face of the person receiving the facial. Begin at her forehead and move down to the sides of her face. You can go as far as the end of the neck, but you can end at jaw line if you wish. You can also apply the paraffin wax to the upper lip and nose if you want to, but it is not required. Apply evenly.
- Apply a second coat, repeating what you did the first time around. Once again, make sure you are applying it evenly.
- Place the pre-cut gauze facial mask on the face of the person receiving the facial. Make sure it is place correctly so that everything matches up (eyes, nose, mouth and so on)
- Apply two more coats, repeating Step Four.
- Wait for fifteen to twenty minutes and then remove the gauze facial mask slowly and carefully.
That is it! The patient's face should feel much more hydrated and she should feel refreshed. A paraffin facial is always the way to go when your skin is dry or dehydrated.