Altering your skin color is one of the most fashionable trends today. A bronze skin tan provides an exotic look and exudes sophistication. During the summer season, most people visit a beach to relax, have fun, and get a tan. For those that do not have the resources and time to get a tan at a beach can opt for an artificial alternative such as spray tan. Luckily, for those that want to get a natural tan in a quicker way, using a tanning accelerator is a fantastic and cheap alternative.
A tanning accelerator or promoter, usually in the form of a lotion or pill, enhances the melanin that your skin produces when it comes in contact with ultraviolet (UV) rays. It contains psoralen or tyrosine, which are amino acids that help stimulate your skin to produce more melanin. Tanning accelerators are the safest artificial option to get your natural tan.
- Tanning accelerators can be found in most drug stores, beauty supply stores, and supermarkets. Depending on the size of the bottle and the brand, tanning accelerators costs around $5 to $60. Another form of tanning accelerators is in the form of a pill which you will need to ingest. These pills are not recommended since the FDA still has not confirmed how safe tanning accelerators are. Getting a lotion-based tanning accelerator is your safest option.
- Once you have your tanning accelerator lotion, it is highly recommended to establish a base tan foundation before you start applying it onto your skin. Having a base tan will ensure that the final desired tan using the accelerator will be evenly distributed across your body. Bear in mind that this process is not required but doing it will surely increase the chances of a perfect tan.
- Before applying the lotion, you will need to thoroughly wash and exfoliate your skin. Take a shower and clean your skin with your normal everyday soap or wash. Make sure to dry your skin diligently to remove any dead skin cells. Preparing your skin this way will ensure an even tan.
- Now that you are ready to apply the lotion, place some of the product onto your hand and gently lather up your skin. Apply it slowly in a circular motion. This will ensure that you do not miss any spots. To ensure adequate skin absorption, massage each area with the lotion well.
- As soon as you have finished applying the lotion all over your body, start the tan. If you are at the beach or in any location outdoors, just lie down under the sun and relax. Tanning booths are popular indoor options to get a tan as well. This can be an option for you should you prefer less outdoor exposure.
Tips and Warnings
- Choose a tanning accelerator with sunscreen to give your skin added protection from the UV and avoiding skin burns.
- Make sure to moisturize your skin every day. This will increase the longevity of your tan.
- Do not use harsh soaps and wash to avoid diminishing the lifespan of your tan.
Get yourself a tan and become a bronze god or goddess. This will add more color to your skin and even your life. To speed up the process and ensure an even tan all over your body, using a tanning accelerator lotion is the best way. Just apply the lotion, lie down under the sun, and watch your skin roast to golden brown.