There are many surgical solutions to prevent the signs of aging from dominating one’s face. Botox injections are quite popular these days and so are face and eye lifts. These solutions can erase some of the wrinkles, crow’s feet and other fine lines caused by aging. But what is a less expensive option that you can do right in the comfort of your home?
Anti-aging creams are the answer! These types of creams not only help eliminate signs of aging but they can prevent some of these signs from appearing on your face. Many anti-aging creams are packed with vital nutrients, vitamins and anti-oxidants to help fight the signs of aging. Wrinkles and fine lines are lessened with frequent use at home.
You can follow the steps below in applying anti-aging products at home using the following items.
- Prepare the materials:
- Gentle facial wash or scrub
- Facial towel or washcloth
- Anti-aging mask
- Anti-aging serum
- Anti-aging moisturizer
- Anti-aging eye cream
- Prepare your face before applying any anti-aging product. Apply your favorite facial wash or scrub on your face. Make sure to use a gentle kind and one that is suitable for your skin. Massage the facial wash or scrub gently for about a minute. Use warm water if you need to moisten your face. The facial wash or scrub removes dirt, make-up, oil and any dead skin cells found on your face. It will leave your face clean much like a blank canvas. Cleaning your face increases the effectiveness of your anti-aging products. Pat your skin with a clean facial towel when done.
- Apply an anti-aging facial serum daily if necessary. Serums, which are more concentrated than other products, deliver vitamins and anti-oxidants to layers of the skin that moisturizers cannot. Some serums hydrate as well as firm up your skin. Make sure your face is clean and dry before applying the serum. Wait five minutes before you apply your anti-aging moisturizer.
- Use an anti-aging moisturizer. Moisturizers help bring back the natural moisture of your skin. It helps eliminate dryness, increases elasticity and protects your face from the aging effects of the sun’s harsh rays. Moisturizers can be applied twice a day on a clean face. When choosing a moisturizer, look for one that is non-greasy and is loaded with vitamins and nutrients for healthy skin.
- Dab anti-aging eye cream under your eyes. All you need is a small amount. Smooth it with the tips of your fingers until absorbed. Dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles will lessen with a good anti-aging eye cream.
- Use an anti-aging mask at least one a week. Masks usually harden when applied. After 15 minutes, rinse it off using warm water. Pat your skin dry with a clean washcloth.
Many anti-aging products that you can apply at home are highly effective against the signs of aging. However, prevention is the best defense against the effects growing older. Even before the fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration and other unsightly facial skin issues come in, you should already find ways to keep your skin healthy and young looking.
Apply sun block before leaving the house during the day, clean your face properly in the morning and at night, eat healthy foods, drinks at least 8 glasses of water, exercise, avoid cigarette smoke as well as pollutants and get lots of rest! But if the signs are already there, then by all means, get the best anti-aging products to bring back that youthful glow.