Bare Escentuals created a line of mineral based makeup called Bare Minerals. It is makeup made up of natural ingredients that keeps your skin healthy. The company is proud to say that “It’s makeup so pure you can sleep in it.”
The products of Bare Escentuals are easy to apply and act both as makeup and a skincare product. You can find their products online at BareEscentuals.com or at retail stores.
Before you go out and order or buy your Bare Minerals products, look at their website to get an idea of the product lines they offer. Or you can order a comprehensive product catalog. Try out their Best Value Get Started Kit in the shade that suits your skin tone. A Foundation Finder in their website helps you get matched to the perfect foundation shade you will need. At the local retail store, you can also inquire from the sales person or beauty consultant as to the best shade for you.
Once you have the Bare Minerals makeup products, it’s time to get to work. You will need the following:
- Flawless application face brush
- bareMinerals foundation in original or matte
- bareVitamins Prep kit or bareVitamins Skin Rev-er upper
- bareMinerals makeup
- Mineral Veil powder
- Wash your face with warm water and a mild soap. Pat it dry with a clean washcloth or face towel.
- Prepare your face with bareVitamins products. You can begin with the Prime Time Foundation Primer with SPF-15 for that smooth coverage later on. Or apply the bareVitamins Skin Rev-er upper to your whole face. This product contains vitamins, glycolic acid and salycic acid that do wonders for your skin. Let the product dry completely.
- Open your bareMinerals foundation. Put a small amount of bareMinerals foundation into the cap. Swirl your Flawless application face brush around the mineral foundation. Tap out the excess into the lid. There should be no bareMinerals foundation on the outer portion of the brush. This ensures that you only use the right amount and the foundation will not look caked on your skin.
- Buff the face brush gently over your skin. Do not pull nor tug on the brush. Cover all areas and go over the face several times. Repeat with a little more foundation. Apply on the outside then the inside of the face. You can choose between a light to medium coverage and a medium to full coverage. This will depend on how many times you apply the bareMinerals foundation. For full coverage you can start using the Kabuki brush which has tighter strands.
- Apply your bareMinerals makeup. You can now apply makeup to your eyelids, cheeks, lips, eyelashes and more. The Bare Escentuals websites has a full range of makeup products to choose from as well as application tips and tricks.
- Finish off with the Mineral veil powder. This sheer product helps minimize lines, absorb oil and soften the complexion giving your face a flawless look. Apply it the same way as the foundation but start on the forehead going down the nose area, cheeks and chin.
Bare Minerals makeup is a great product to use for any skin type and skin color. Their products are made only with essential natural ingredients that care for your skin as it beautifies your face. Visit their website to find out more about the products and watch how-to videos that can teach you a thing or two about makeup application.