You want black hair extensions because:
- You’ve had short hair all your life.
- Your hair grows oh-so-slowly.
- You want versatility.
- You want to show up on a special date or a special occasion looking like a supermodel.
- You want to look different with a different hairstyle.
- You can go back to your original hairstyle once you’re tired of it already.
- You want to impress someone.
You will need:
- A tail comb
- Scissor to trim your hair extensions to the length desired (optional)
- Bobby Pins / Barrettes.
- A hair separator or clip if your hands won’t do the trick.
- A pony tail band.
- A mirror.
- A dresser table.
Clipping the extensions to your hair:
- If you have short, curly, or wavy hair, buy extensions that will go with the texture of the hair on your head. This is also to avoid being obvious that you are wearing extensions. No one has to know you’re wearing fake hair so this is very critical to your choice of hair extensions.
- If you’re sporting bangs, comb it to the side of your natural part and secure with a bobby pin so you can see what you’re doing. Separate your hair into sections beginning with the bottom part or the hairline by your neck. Part this section with a comb then secure the rest of your hair into a bun or a ponytail. Untangle the bottom part by combing through your hair.
- Take the longest row of the hair extensions for this section of your hair. Check if the clips are open. Proceed to clip this row to the roots of your hair, firmly closing the clips as you move along your hairline until you’re done. Now you’re through with your first layer.
- Moving on the second layer. Remove a part of your hair from the bun or ponytail and prepare it for your second row of hair extensions. Just enough thickness of your hair will suffice for this stage. Then put the rest up again in bun or ponytail using a clip or a band. Comb through this section of your hair to remove tangles. Take the second row of hair extensions (should be shorter in or equal to the length of your first row) and proceed to clip this on to the roots of your hair progressing along the hairline until you finish. Now you’re done with the second layer.
- Now that you’re done clipping on extensions to the back of your head, you may now proceed to the right and left portions of your head.
- Separate your hair in sections using a comb. Lift up the rest of your hair and secure with a bobby pin or a barrette. Comb the rest of your hair out to remove tangles. Proceed to clip on hair extensions making sure they’re firmly in place.
Lo and behold, instantly long black locks!
For straight hair extensions, you are advised to use a very gentle shampoo to care of it and extend its life. For really curly and short hair, you might want to consider long braided extensions or hair weaves to make long hair a reality for you. A professional hair salon can do this for you for a fee.