You want to use clip-in hair extensions because:
- You’ve had short hair all your life. It’s time for a cool change.
- You want to go crazy once-in-a-while so you want streaks of different hair colors but would like to avoid using cosmetic procedures and processes on your hair.
- You’re scared of getting weaves or braids. These are quite painful and expensive to maintain. Besides, you’re the type that shampoos and conditions quite obsessively.
- You’re scared that long hair might not suit you so you want to see if this will work before you invest in salon treatments to make your hair grow longer.
- Your hair grows oh-so-slowly and you’re getting impatient about it.
- You want versatility, curly hair now and maybe straight hair on another day.
- You want to show up on a special date or a special occasion looking like a supermodel.
- You can go back to your original hairstyle once you’re tired of it already.
- You want to impress someone.
You will need:
- A tail comb
- Scissor to trim your hair extensions to the length desired (optional)
- Bobby Pins / Barrettes.
- A hair separator or clip if your hands won’t do the trick.
- A pony tail band.
- A mirror.
- A dresser table.
Clipping the extensions to your hair:
- If you have short, curly, shaggy, or wavy hair, buy extensions that will go with the texture of the hair on your head. This is also to avoid being obvious that you are wearing extensions. No one has to know you’re wearing fake hair so this is very critical to your choice of hair extensions.
- If you’re sporting bangs, comb it to the side of your natural part and secure with a bobby pin so you can see what you’re doing. Separate your hair into sections beginning with the bottom part or the hairline by your neck. Part this section with a comb then secure the rest of your hair into a bun or a ponytail. Untangle the bottom part by combing through your hair.
- Take the longest row of the hair extensions for this section of your hair. Check if the clips are open. Proceed to clip this row to the roots of your hair, firmly closing the clips as you move along your hairline until you’re done. Now you’re through with your first layer.
- Moving on the second layer. Remove a part of your hair from the bun or ponytail and prepare it for your second row of hair extensions. Just enough thickness of your hair will suffice for this stage. Then put the rest up again in bun or ponytail using a clip or a band. Comb through this section of your hair to remove tangles. Take the second row of hair extensions (should be shorter in or equal to the length of your first row) and proceed to clip this to the roots of your hair progressing along the hairline until you finish. Now you’re done with the second layer.
- Now that you’re done clipping in extensions to the back of your head, you may now proceed to the right and left portions of your head.
- Separate your hair in sections using a comb. Lift up the rest of your hair and secure with a bobby pin or a barrette. Comb the rest of your hair out to remove tangles. Proceed to clip in hair extensions making sure they’re firmly in place.
Lo and behold, Rapunzel is looking back at you in the mirror!