Gone are the days when eyeliners only came in a pencil-like thingy. These days, cream eyeliner is on the rise as it creates a more glamorous look. However, this new eyeliner is challenging to use especially for hands that used to it. Don’t worry, though, because you can always practice applying cream eyeliner for a more glamorous you.
- Choose the perfect cream eyeliner color. There are many factors to consider when choosing the perfect eyeliner color. You may consider your skin tone or you may consider the image you want to project. For example, if you wish to have a younger look, a natural brown color is the best option.
- Water tap. Prepare a little amount of water and place that in the cap of the eyeliner makeup. You can use anything as long as it can hold up small amount of water.
- Brush. The cream eyeliner makeup usually comes with a brush with it. You can get yourself a cream brush if it has none. But don’t just pick any makeup brush. It should be the perfect brush for the image you want to project. You may consider getting the common size 0 brush.
- Wet cream eyeliner brush with water. Make sure though that it is just fairly wet and not dripping wet.
- Cream eyeliner. Dab the brush on the cream eyeliner makeup until you get the appropriate consistency perfect to be applied on the eyelids. Just a hint, treat the cream eyeliner like paint so that you can easily handle its application. Don’t get too much, though, because that might overdo your makeup.
- Application. Put on the cream eyeliner makeup. Apply a little cream on your upper eyelid right above the lashes. Then, apply some cream below the lashes on your lower eyelid. Start the application from the inner eyelid going outward and make sure that it is applied close enough to the eyelashes. You may add cream as necessary.
- Spreading. Evenly spread the eyeliner on the eyelid until it appears fine enough. Be careful not to smear it in the eyelids. For better results, it is best to wait for it to dry first before touching other parts. However, be quick enough in the application so that you can spread it properly as it dries very quickly.
- Be calm. Make sure your hands won’t shake all throughout the application. A shaky hand would result to smeared eyeliner that might require you to repeat applying the eyeliner.
- Other eye. Follow similar steps you did for your one eye to the other eye. Just make sure that your eyes have equal amount of cream eyeliner.
You can try other cream eyeliner colors as long as you feel to. You can even try on yellow for a funky appeal or white for a weird appeal. Even cream eyeliners with glittery color are available. It will be great for a disco night out.
Whatever eyeliner color or how ever you apply it is okay as long as you are comfortable with it. That’s the reason for putting makeup, anyway—to feel good about oneself by looking good or interesting.