Beards to hide and eyebrows and nose hairs to remove—it wouldn’t be surprising if men who crossdress find it frustrating to make their faces look more feminine. Luckily, applying makeup can be made easier for crossdressers by establishing a routine with defined steps to follow to avoid starting everything all over again from the very beginning. If you want to learn how to apply crossdresser makeup, read the procedure below
- Wash your face. Always clean your face before putting on makeup. Do this by using water and a mild soap to wash your face. Your face serves as the canvass unto which you will paint on your masterpiece so don’t ever neglect it. Besides, if you don’t make a habit of washing your face before putting on makeup, you’re inviting dirt and grime to clog your pores. You don’t want your face to be home to whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. Remember that no amount of makeup can replace a flawless skin.
- Remove facial hair. Manliness is often associated with the amount of hair on the face. Because of this, make sure to remove from your face all visible unsightly hairs. This includes protruding nose and ear hairs, stray eyebrow hairs, and beard. Use a pair of cuticle scissors to trim nose and ear hairs. For stray eyebrow hairs, use tweezers. For your beard, use a razor or multi-blade. Shave your beard both upwards and downwards. Doing this will get the hairs better. The closer you can shave your beard, the less effort you have to make in covering them up with makeup later.
- Apply concealer, beard cover, and foundation. If you’re fond of using moisturizers, you may choose to put on moisturizer on your face first and wait for it to dry before applying a concealer. Apply concealer under your eyes, around your nose, and on any pimples or scars. Next, apply the beard cover over your face and neck where your beard is located. Apply the foundation afterwards, smoothing it all over your face and neck. After you have done this, set your face by dusting it with a translucent powder.
- Apply eye makeup. After you’ve set your face, you can now put on eye makeup. There are different tools designed to contour the eyes, each varying in texture and color to match your mood, dress, and the color of your eyes. You can use eyeshadows to make your eyes pop out. Use a medium-colored eyeshadow to color your eyelids. Then, sweep a light-colored eyeshadow under your eyebrows to highlight your eyes. You can also apply a dark-colored eyeshadow around the crease of your eyelids to add depth to your eyes. Aside from eyeshadows you may also opt to use eyeliner, mascara, and false eyelashes to emphasize your eyes.
- Apply blush. Correctly applying blush can instantly give you a fresh and healthy look. You can do this by smiling in front of a mirror and locating the apple of your cheeks. Apply blush on the apple of your cheeks in an upward direction. Make sure not to overdo your blush or it will look unnatural. If you did put on more color that you intended to, dab some powder on your cheeks to tame it down.
- Apply lip color. Make your lips attractive by adding color to it. Apply lip balm on your lips to moisturize your lips and keep them from flaking. You may choose to apply lip liner on your lips to fill in the uneven parts of your lips. After you’re done with this, apply lip stain or lipstick on your lips.
Putting on makeup to achieve the look you desire takes a lot of practice to perfect. It is a good idea to study your face first to know the areas you need to play up and tone down with makeup. For example, if you want to widen your face, applying white eyeshadow or white concealer stick on the sides of your face can give you an illusion of a broader face.