Creating a flawless foundation may appear difficult especially after several attempts that will end up with blotches, patches and caking. When you look at magazines, you will see cover girls with full coverage and flawless foundation—no no caking, streaks, or patches. The truth is, there are tips that you can follow to achieve a flawless foundation application:
- Wash your face. It is always important to have a clean face before applying foundation. Using a good facial cleanser, gently cleanse your face. Continue to work on a lather. Remember to wash and not rub. Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Apply a toner. Apply a facial toner after washing your face. It removes the excess dirt from your skin. It also removes the residues from your facial cleanser. It not only freshens up your skin but also balances you skin pH after washing. It is best to chill the toner before use to help close your pores.
- Apply moisturizer. Facial moisturizers help solve issues such as drying, oiliness, and aging of the skin. Most of the moisturizers out in the market contain organic ingredients that help keep the skin healthy-looking. If you have sensitive skin, it is best to choose a moisturizer that has a label saying “non-comedogenic” and “fragrance-free”. For the blemish-prone skin, experts recommend the use of tinted moisturizer. This type helps even out the skin tone and discretely covers the blemishes of the skin. Apply a hefty amount of moisturizer. This is good for the skin since it re-hydrates the face and brings back the lost moisture due to facial cleansing and chemical exposure. Be sure to apply the moisturizer all over the face and the neck. Let it stand for about ten minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- Apply primer. Apply a primer over your face. This serves as a makeup base for smoother application of make up. Primer can help prolong your makeup application. The advanced formulation of makeup primers helps treat, protect and smooth the skin. It also helps in fighting off the appearance of wrinkles caused by sun exposure and aging. Best buys are those that contain botanical extracts that help diminish redness and blemishes. Some primers also contain sunscreen protection to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays emitted by the sun.
- Choose a foundation. Select a foundation that is suited to your skin tone. Try on at least three different tones on the back of your hand to determine the best foundation that suits your skin. Apply a small streak from the lower cheek to the upper cheek evenly using a dabbing motion.
- Foundation application. After choosing the best foundation tone, you can now proceed to coverage. Apply a quarter cent-amount of foundation at the back of your hand. Dip a damp makeup sponge or foundation brush into the foundation. Make sure to keep both sides coated. Apply the makeup in dots over your forehead, cheeks, chin and neck. Blend in an outward motion working toward the hairline and jaw line. Use gentle outward strokes. Finish off by brushing some loose powder over the face and neck.
For a slightly sun-kissed look, apply a hint of bronzer over the cheeks, chin and forehead. Applying your makeup foundation using these methods could help you achieve a flawless look.