Self-expression is your freedom to show what and who you are. You wear a gothic-inspired dress at a party? That’s self-expression. You guffaw at a silent gathering? That’s another way of self-expression. Everything that you basically do qualifies as self-expression.
More often than not, self-expression serves as your way to get noticed and boost your own confidence. And one way on how women exercise self-expression and at the same time get noticed is by applying multiple colors of eyeshadow. However, a lot of women are completely confused on how to create a smoldering multi-colored eyeshadow. If you are one of them, worry not! Because the tips below would surely help you apply multiple colors of eyeshadow beautifully.
- Purchase the right eyeshadow primer, multiple eyeshadow colors, and eyeshadow brushes in trusted cosmetics stores. Ask for some pieces of advice from your closest buddies so that you can perfectly choose the shadows that would suit you best. It is best to choose eyeshadow of varying colors and in different tones. You will also need an eyeshadow that is complementary to the chosen shades.
- Apply eyeshadow primer. Use a concealer brush to apply the eyeshadow primer on both your eyelids. Eyeshadow primer coats your eyelids in order to apply eyeshadow smoothly and evenly. With its use, eyeshadow flakes and creases are prevented.
- Apply the lightest shade of eyeshadow on one of your eyelids using an eyeshadow brush. Tap the makeup brush gently and stroke it from the inner corner to the mid-part of your eyelid. From the mid-part to the outer corner of your eyelid, apply a darker shade of the shadow you’ve used with the other half. Afterwards, blend the two shades using an eyeshadow blender brush starting from the darker shade to the lighter shade. Lastly, apply the darkest shade of shadow on the mid-part of your eyelid. Blend it with the rest areas using a blender brush to smooth the colors.
- Apply a highlighter that is a bit lighter than your skin tone. Use a highlighter brush in applying highlighter under your brow. Blend it towards the crease of your eye as its finishing touch. You may want to apply mascara or eyeliner after you have applied multi-colored eyeshadow to highlight your eyes even more.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe away eyeshadow that have been accidentally applied outside the eye area.
To look good and beautiful is just one way of showing self-expression. In fact, you can show it in every possible way you can—the possibilities are endless. It is beyond the different ways on how you can apply eyeshadow to your eyes or use all the possible colors of eyeshadow that can drag people’s attention. The most important thing about self-expression is that you can be yourself instead of being the person that other people want you to be. That is why it is called self-expression because it urges you to tell the world “I am ME!”