Couture is a term associated to Haute Couture. It is a French word that means high dressmaking. In fashion, haute couture denotes exclusivity in clothing. For designers, it is like a form of art that is made from high quality fabric and is sewn with careful attention to details.
A haute couture dress is usually made by a renowned designer. It can be made specifically for a certain individual or be used for a fashion collection. The methods used in making haute couture dresses can be time consuming. It sometimes incorporates the use of hand executed techniques to ensure the dress’ highest quality standards.
Examples of designers that create haute couture dresses are Christian Dior, Alexander McQueen and Christian Lacroix. Designers like Vera Wang and Monique Lhuillier usually do couture wedding dresses and bridal gowns. Disney also has a line or couture items for both kids and adults.
Here are ways on how to borrow your own dress couture.
- Go to the couture shops. Go to a couture shop where you think you can find the style and brand of the dress you want to wear. You can also look on the Internet and other shops where you can borrow haute couture dresses. This will also save you gas, money and time. Stores like Patchwork and lulu are examples of couture shops.
- Decide on what style of dress you want to wear. Once you are inside the shop, think and decide what style of haute couture dress you want to wear. You can also do this process before you go to the shops in order to save time and energy.
- Choose the brand of the dress. Once you decided what style of dress you would like to ware the next step is to choose what brand of dress you want to borrow. Check if the style that you have chosen is available whether it is Gucci or a Vera Wang creation. Borrowing will be simpler if you already have the dress in mind.
- Check your budget. Haute couture dresses tend be a little expensive. So it is better to check how much you can shell out for a certain couture dress.
- Try the dress on. Trying the dress on before you borrow it will give you the vibe if the dress is really you. Trying the dress will also help to check if there are any changes, adjustments or alterations needed.
- Check and understand borrowing terms of agreement. Make sure you understand the terms of agreement before you take home your borrowed couture dress. This is important because it will help you take care of the dress. Understanding the agreement will also ensure you your rights as a temporary owner of the dress.
Most haute couture dresses are expensive and yet almost everyone dreams of wearing it. Borrowing a haute couture dress is one way to fulfill that dream. Even though the dress is not fully yours, at least you will have the luxury of wearing it for a special occasion.