American designer Calvin Klein is known for his clean and classic lines. He is most famous for jeans and his sportswear collection. However, Calvin Klein makes a full range of products from underwear, to fragrance and accessories. He even has a white line and home collection.
If you feel that this designer’s look fits the image you want to convey, the good news is that his items are easily available. Here’s how to buy Calvin Klein clothes and accessories.
- Determine what pieces you need. If you need a wardrobe makeover, make a list of the things you want to buy. Decide what you need to get, since Calvin Klein makes a full range of items, from cocktail wear, to office clothes and more casual items. Most Calvin Klein pieces are very classic, so you may want to purchase closet staples, such as a good pair of jeans, a white button down shirt, black slacks and a nice clean jacket. For accessories, there are sunglasses, shoes, handbags, watches and belts. You may even want to check out his fragrance and makeup line, which is another hugely popular line carrying the Calvin Klein label.
- Set a realistic budget. Because you are buying a famous designer’s products, be prepared to spend some money. Consider it an investment in good taste and fashion. For the quality and workmanship that you are buying, items made by this designer are very reasonably priced. A pair of jeans will set you back only by about $80, while cotton short sleeve top sells for about $40. A dress goes for around $130. If you’re buying more than one piece, set aside a few hundred dollars.
- Don’t forget the underwear. Calvin Klein has branched out to a best selling lingerie and underwear line. His pieces are comfortable, durable, practical, but with a touch of whimsy. It’s great for everyday wear, for both men and women. Consider purchasing some CK underwear since clothes will drape better on a person if you have the right undergarments to begin with.
- Go to the retail stores. Calvin Klein is sold in high-end department stores such as Macy’s, Nordstrom and Barney’s. There are also stand alone stores. If you live in the New York City area, his flagship store is on Madison Avenue in the downtown area. There are Calvin Klein Collection stores which feature his more expensive pieces, then there are Calvin Klein retail stores, which carry the more casual and affordable line. If you want to buy the items at a discount, go to the outlet stores or shop from the sale rack of the department stores. Since the pieces are very classic, they should transcend the seasons.
- Shop online. If you don’t have time to go to the store, Calvin Klein clothes are just a mouse click away. You can check out the company website at calvinkleininc.com to see the collection. There are also other various online retailers that carry this brand.
Calvin Klein apparel is known for high quality and elegant design. Invest in a few pieces today, and you’re sure to get a lot of mileage out of your clothes for many years.