Costume jewelry became a popular alternative to jewelry made of precious metals and stones in the 1930s, shortly before the onset of the Great Depression. It came to being at a time when a lot of people can’t afford to eat three square meals a day, much less buy jewelry made of gold, silver, diamond and other expensive materials. Now, costume jewelry has become an essential part of any girl’s wardrobe and it’s never been as easy to buy them in bulk. Here’s how you can buy costume jewelry in volume.
- Look out for sales. Costume jewelry can be bought in fashion boutiques, superstores, and chain stores like Forever 21, H&M Checkout and Target. These shops hold several sales during the year and you can bet that you can buy fashion jewelry at very, very low prices during these times. The best thing about buying fashion jewelry during a sale is that you can also buy matching outfits at the same time.
- Visit local thrift stores. Also called charity stores or second-hand shops, thrift stores sell items that are donated by the members of the public or that come from an estate. This is the reason why they sell items at very nominal places. With such low prices, there is no reason why you should not buy costume jewelry in bulk at thrift stores.
- Go to flea markets and bazaars. Aside from fresh produce, flea markets and bazaars are great places for finding inexpensive items such as fashion jewelry. You might even be surprised to find that one of the ladies in your neighborhood makes fashion jewelry as a hobby. This is a good way for you to buy unique, artistic pieces of costume jewelry in bulk and support your local community vendors at the same time.
- Look for wholesale distributors online. If you are having some event like Mardi Gras-themed party, the best place for you to buy costume jewelry in a large volume is online. This will get you in touch with a lot of companies that manufacture and sell costume jewelry for really cheap prices. A quick look at Google shows that there are distributors for all kinds of costume jewelry such as vintage costume jewelry, collectible costume jewelry, and designer costume jewelry.
- Participate in online auctions. If you are not comfortable dealing with costume jewelry distributors directly, you can visit Amazon and eBay for sellers of costume jewelry. Check out the rating of the seller to make you feel secure in making a transaction online.
To become fashionable, one need not spend hundreds or thousands of dollars buying high end clothing, jewelry, or accessories. Costume jewelry can make you as fashionable as the Joneses of this world without emptying your bank account. Buy them in bulk and you can be sure that there never will be a day when you have to go without an eye catching necklace, earring or bracelet.