Women with round figures often face difficulties when buying designer clothes. Generally, clothes from the racks have standard sizes for slimmer and smaller body shapes. This could be attributed to the old mindset of most fashion stylists that only women with small frames should wear their creations. But there is a welcome twist to this outlook, as many designers are now training their sights on making more clothes for women with fuller frames. With this development, women in any shape and size can all be glamorous and fashionable. This said, the only problem that remains it seems, is how to shop for designer plus size clothes.
To buy fashionable designer plus size clothes, consider the following suggestions:
- Buy from online clothing stores because they have wider selections of designer clothes. If you go to boutiques in malls and department stores you will notice that they lack variety in their clothing line. Most of the items available are for standard sizes only if not for slimmer frames.
- Be sure to take your own measurements before you look for clothes online. There are different body categories or types for plus sized women. Know what body type you fall under and what type of clothing suits you best by getting tips from fashion magazines. Women’s curves can fall in various places. Some women have voluptuous bodies, which means they have the right shapes at the right spots although a few inches more than the regular build. Meanwhile other women may have pear shaped or apple shaped bodies, which require them to choose clothes that will camouflage their heavy areas.
- When you already have your vital measurements, search for websites that feature articles on plus sized designer clothes. In these sites, you will find useful tips on how bigger women can dress glamorously. Go to elegantplus.com or bellaonline.com for valuable information and suggestions on shopping for fashionable designer plus size clothes.
- Search for designers who actually customize clothes for plus sized women. It may come as a surprise to you, but a lot of well known designers like Ralph Lauren, Jessica Howard, Anne Klein and Karen Kane dedicate a certain line of their clothing for plus sizes.
- Be careful with shopping online as you might mistakenly purchase from sites that do not have “return/exchange” policies. Take note always that shopping online is far different from actual shopping in department stores. In actual retail stores, you come face to face with the dealer and you can easily locate them in case you need to return or exchange an item.
- Don’t limit your search of online stores with just two or three websites. The more choices, the better your chance to find the designer clothes that will suit your taste and fit your physique.
- While shopping for clothes, take note too of the right accessories that will match your finds and complete your apparel. Plus sized clothes have to be accessorized proportionately. This means picking bags, bangles, necklaces, earrings and etc. that will create balance on your overall appearance.
Designer plus size clothes may cost a bit more than standard sized ones so be ready with additional budget for your purchases. Learn how to mix and match your clothes and accessories to achieve a fresh and new look every time you dress up for any occasion.