Goth originated from the East German tribe that had a significant role in the collapse of the Roman Empire. In the early days, the word Goth was similar to the word barbarian because of the barbaric way of the Gothic tribe. Today, Goths are known as another type of culture.
Goth is a subculture that was part of the punk genre. After the punk era, the Goth culture survived and continued to expand. Goths’ images and dispositions are based on Gothic literature of the 19th century.
Goths have similar taste when it comes to music, style and fashion. Their dress styles range from punk and deathrock to Victorian and Medieval styles. Goths also often wear black clothes, dark heavy black and white makeup and punky hairdos.
In fashion, Goths easily stand out. The Gothic look can be easily differentiated from other styles. Goths are rarely seen wearing pink, yellow or blue. Almost all Goths dress in black shirts, pants, socks and jackets.
One of the most common clothes for Goths is a trench coat. This type of coat is a rain coat that is usually made of wool, cotton or leather. It may have a detachable inner lining, and it can be worn short or long.
There are different kinds and styles of trench coats. They are widely available in the market, so there are a lot of options where to buy them. But, if you are looking for a certain type of coat like a gothic trench coat, here are some tips on where to purchase them:
- Specialty stores. All types of clothes have specialty stores. Goth fashion stores offer different kinds of clothing, including trench coats. Aside from clothes, you can also find different accessories that you can associate with your gothic clothes. The good thing about specialty stores is that they cater only to a specific clientele. This is why there are a lot of items to choose from that will suit your style.
- Tailor shops. If you want a tailor made trench coat that is designed for you, it is best to go to tailor shops. Getting tailor-made gothic trench coats gives you an edge by knowing that it is uniquely yours.
- Department stores. Department stores offer a wide variety of products and they are not limited to just one style. From leather coats to wool coats, department stores offer different types of gothic-inspired trench coats.
- Garage sales or flee markets. Visiting garage sales and flea markets is good practice when looking for a gothic trench coat. Old trench coats are good examples of gothic trench coats. The best part is that you might get it at a cheaper price.
- Online stores. Because of the Internet, online shopping is now one of the easiest ways to shop. Creating an account in eBay or Amazon is good if you are looking for something that is rare or a limited edition. You can also check out different sites that sells gothic clothes and accessories.
Buying Gothic trench coats is not limited to Gothic people. Gothic trench coats can also be clothing items for everyone who is into fashion.