Everyone wants to be in the first state of fashion. However, high end designs may be too expensive for you. If your tastes don’t match your budget, there’s still a way to obtain high end clothing for less. Here’s how.
- Buy on sale. There are two major sales every year. For clothing retailers, it’s sometime around June and around January. This is the time of year the previous season’s looks are put on sale and clearance. If you don’t mind waiting a few months for the season’s must haves, wait for the sales when prices drop anywhere between thirty to seventy percent off. If you go on an added sale weekend, you can get an additional ten to fifteen percent off your total purchase.
- Get coupons. Go to the websites of your favorite retailers. There may be special sales and coupons for those on their mailing list. Also, Google for any in store coupon codes you can use.
- Use the employee discount. If you happen to have a friend who works in retail at the store you love, have him purchase your items under his name! Use his employee discount, usually anywhere from fifty to seventy percent off.
- Shop online. It’s best to go to the company website but you can try other sites, such as EBay or nextag.com or pricegrabber.com. If you’re buying from an individual, there’s really no way to check the item for its authenticity until you have it shipped to you, so go with reputable sites and check the seller rating.
- Go to the outlet malls. Outlet malls are a great place to shop for high end designs. Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, Donna Karan, Hugo Boss and even Michael Kors have shops at these places. You’ll have a selection from past seasons, but most items are of excellent quality. To find one in your area, check online. Premium and Mills outlets are spread all over the United States. If you’ll be in the Las Vegas or Jersey Area, high end designers have excellent outlets stores there. You can also check out Nordstrom Rack and Off 5th Avenue, which are the outlet stores for Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Ave. Shops.
- Check vintage stores. Designer bags, leather goods and dresses can be found in vintage stores. If you have a favorite one, befriend the sales people so they can give you a heads up when a new batch of used designer duds are shipped. You’ll find unique pieces that are classic and can be had for a fraction of the original price.
- Go to sample sales. Every season, designers have industry sample sales. If you hear of any in your area, go to it. It’s a great way to find designer items before it hits the stores. These are commonly done in the New York or Los Angeles area. Space is limited so come early.
- Do a dress swap. Organize a clothes swap with friends you know have items you’d love to have but can’t afford. Something old for them may be something you’ve always wanted. You must have items of comparable value. It’s a great way to update your look for free.
There’s truly a way to get a high end look with a low budget allowance. Get creative and shop smarter! No one will know you got your designer duds for a deal!