Craigslist.org has become one of the largest markets on the Internet. It has everything you will need, from the most basic to the most bizarre items you can ever find. The great thing about Craigslist is that you get some really good and unique bargains from its sellers. If you are considering buying jewelry there, you can be sure you will find a supplier and perhaps, even find jewelry items that are one of a kind. The following guide should help you out with your jewelry purchase on Craigslist.
- Open your browser and go to the site by typing in craigslist.org You will then find yourself in the main page, where each major city from the United States and all over the world are listed. Find your own city and click on it.
- After you have clicked on your city's name, you will be directed to your city's home page and from there you will see the different categories listed in the online classifieds. There is no specific section for "Jewelry" so you would have to choose the search box found on the left side. Type in "Jewelry", and then choose "For Sale" from the drop down menu. You will then be directed to a listing of all items for sale, with the words "Jewelry" on it. You can narrow down your choices by typing in specific keywords i.e. "antique gold chain necklace"
- From the list of suggestions your search result has come up with, you may now choose your seller or supplier. Craigslist provides an embedded email address for each ad listing so it would be easy to contact these sellers. The email addresses are those underlined in blue, as you will see on their classified page. Click on this blue link if you want to contact a seller and inquire about a jewelry purchase.
- For your own safety, it is better to use a different email address for your correspondence with the seller on Craigslist. Be careful not to divulge too much personal information not unless you are completely sure of the transaction and have come to trust that your seller will deliver.
- Ask the seller all questions about the jewelry you want to buy. Negotiate and finalize the transaction by arranging for delivery and payment. The usual system for delivery is via courier service like DHL, FedEx or UPS. While the usual payment system is normally via PayPal. Be sure that you have set up your PayPal account before doing an online transaction. You may also arrange for other forms of payment such as wire transfer or bank deposit. If you can meet the person in the flesh, and do the actual transaction exchange this way, then that would be so much better.
Be very careful about shopping on Craigslist though as the site, while teeming with so many choices and options, is notoriously unprotected from scammers. Be very discerning about who you are dealing with. The site provides no feedback of the account holders there, unlike Ebay so you would have to take full responsibility for whatever transactions you do on Craigslist.