Makeup for oily skin is a bit different from beauty products for the regular types of skin. There are a lot of things that you need to consider to get that perfect look without the hassle of skin irritation, since oily skin is more sensitive and prone to blemishes. It may sound difficult at first, but it is surprisingly easy to do. Just follow these simple steps on how to buy the right makeup for you.
- When buying cosmetics for oily skin, it is extremely important that you avoid products that contain alcohol. Although this ingredient can remove oil, the problem is it literally eliminates all of it making our body produce more oil to compensate the loss.
- Make sure you only use water based or oil-free makeup. Never buy any product that has petroleum or any kind of oil. As soon as you see these two words, let it go and find something else. These ingredients can cause more damage and blemish to your skin.
- Dimenthicone and Bismuth Oxychloride are two components that you need to look out for. These chemicals can be harsh to your skin. It can jam your pores, making it bigger and causing unwanted blemish. Usually, you can find these elements in powders and foundations.
- There are medicinal cosmetics available out there. It is mostly in the form of a concealer. The active ingredient is Zinc Oxide. This is great for any acne or pimple that you want to hide because it acts as an anti-inflammatory to your skin.
- Look for makeup, particularly foundation or powder that has sun protection. Titanium Dioxide is a good ingredient to block your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Serecite is a type of mineral that would greatly help reduce the look of big pores. Also, it can deeply absorb oil making your skin breathe and fresh at all times. Make sure you look for this ingredient when buying makeup.
- Make your lips the highlight of your face so people will not notice how oily your skin is. Purchase tons of lipsticks and lip gloss. Always make it a point to bring one everywhere you go.
- It would be helpful if you choose cosmetics that are matted not shiny. For powders and foundations, buy one shade lighter than your skin to get that shine-free face that you have always been aiming for.
- For blushes, choose the matted ones, not the glossy type. You do not need additional shine to your skin.
- For mascara, make sure you buy the waterproof kind for a smudge free eye.
Now that you know how to obtain the perfect makeup that matches your oily skin, all that is left for you to do is to apply these truly effective steps. With the right tools and frame of mind, you can never go wrong. As long as you do not take your skin for granted, then you are on the right track to loveliness.