Once of the sexiest lingerie pieces in a woman’s closet are thigh high stockings. Usually worn with a garter belt, these stockings can make your feel extremely sexy and seductive. This is an option for women who like the look of silk on their legs without the constriction of wearing pantyhose.
Here’s how to buy thigh high stockings.
- Decide what you’ll use it for. Many women feel that thigh high stockings are only used by street walkers, porn stars and strippers. This is a misconception. Women in the workplace also use thigh high stockings. They may even give you that extra zing in your step knowing how sexy you are! However, it does have its place for that hot date you have, or if you have your mind set on seduction. If it will be for the bedroom, you can go for raunchier colors and patterns. If you’re buying the stockings for work, stick with nude and black and stay away from prints and glitters.
- Choose the type. There are two types of thigh high stocking. The first is the kind that needs to be worn with a garter belt. This type is less constricting on the body. The second type is the kind that stays up on its own also known as hold ups. This type has a tendency of leaving a mark on the thighs and may end up rolling down while being worn if the garter or elastic isn’t of good quality. Victoria’s Secret sells thigh high stockings in both varieties, with the hold ups made with an invisible magic tape to keep the stockings in place.
- Choose a color. Stockings are made in different colors, but the most popular are black and nude. Manufacturers do sell them in other colors to match a woman’s lingerie, such as red and white. Decide if you want opaque or translucent.
- Decide on the seams and finishing. Most thigh highs have a clear toe, but there are those that have a reinforced toe. The clear toe is a better choice. Another thing design feature to consider is whether to choose stockings that have a seam in the back. This is a very sexy look, but will entail that you put it on correctly so that the seam runs as a straight line in the back when worn.
- Choose the correct size. Some brands sell thigh high stockings in one size only. There are others that sell them in four different sizes, usually based on a woman’s weight or clothing size. Don’t force yourself to fit in a small size. It won’t look sexy, and it will cause your stockings to stretch. If you aren’t sure, go for a larger recommended size. The worst that will happen is that the stocking will ride higher on your thigh than usual, but at least your legs won’t feel like you encased it lie a sausage.
- Choose the best quality that you can afford. The most luxurious will be silk. Less expensive brands have a cotton blend. The finer the silk, the softer it will be on the skin.
When you’re ready to buy, hit the lingerie section of the department store. The Internet is also a great place to shop without embarrassment. Try the Victoria’s Secret and Fredrick’s of Hollywood website, as well as stockingirl.com.