Fur clothing is made out of animal fur. It is one of the materials used for vintage clothing. The purpose of using fur as clothing is to insulate the body from cold temperatures while maintaining a great fashion statement.
Fur clothing is usually made from skin of beavers, coyotes, foxes, chinchillas and other furry animals. The fur of these animals may be dyed and trimmed into patterns to come up with specific clothing designs.
Nowadays, fur clothing depicts fashion and extravagance due to its current association with designer brands. It depicts an exotic image which makes the designers continue using fur as their material. It’s velvety and hard-to-produce material makes it expensive and a valued material for clothing.
There are several clothing types that can be made out of fur material, but generally fur is used to make winter coats. It can be made as fur hats, fur vests and fur jackets. Like any other clothing style, several factors are needed to be kept in mind when choosing fur clothing.
Here are some guidelines on how to choose fur coats for men:
- Know the kinds of fur available. Some fur may be too expensive, such as fur from sable and chinchilla. Fur coats for men are generally from coyote and opossum, while the others make good women’s coats.
- Know your purpose in wearing fur and know where you are going to wear it. You can wear it either in parties, formal or informal occasions. This way, you can maximize the use of your fur coat without going overboard.
- Decide how much you are willing to spend for a fur coat. Fur material that has been treated with dye is more expensive than natural colored fur. Special treatments add an amount to the item. Find the best color that matches your taste and personality.
- Look around several stores and compare the fur products they have. Check out the best products that are worthy for its price.
- Drop by department stores or specialty stores and get some ideas on what to look for in a quality fur coat. Once you are presented with a variety of fur coats, feel its texture. The fur should feel soft and supple. The fur coat should also be uniformly textured all over.
- Try to fit the clothes and feel if the weight of the coat is just right for you. This is important to ensure your comfort when wearing it. See to it that the seams are tightly sewn and the fur coat has no defects.
It is exciting to add this elegant garment into your wardrobe. Aside from the comfort it brings, it adds up to the sophistication of the person wearing it. Keep in mind that before purchasing fur clothing, you should know and consider the requirements of a good fur garment. Follow the tips enumerated above to find the accurate fur coat that will suit you best.