Mosquito repellents is a very important products because certain mosquitos carry viruses that can be debilitating to humans. These products are most sought after especially after the rains when stagnant waters are left for mosquitoes to breed. Manufacturers of these products are continuously doing their research in order to produce the most effective repellent in the industry. The following is a list of places that mosquito repellents may be available.
- Drugstores. Drugstores are reliable sources of mosquito repellents. A natural mosquito repellent available in the market are N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide, abbreviated to DEET. DEET-based mosquito repellents are effective but some consumers don’t like the smell and greasy feeling on the skin. It can also damage clothing and even plastics.
Cutter Advanced insect repellent is an alternative to DEET-based for those who dislike DEET’s distinct smell. The main ingredient of Cutter Advanced is picaridin concentrate which is effective not only for mosquitoes but also ticks. Unlike DEET, picaridin is not sticky and has no odor although it can cause eye inflammation or irritation.
- Amazon. Amazon is a store where you can buy anything. It sells books, medicines, pets, and anything that you can imagine including mosquito repellent. Among other brands, Amazon also sells 3M Ultrathon mosquito repellent. This product is water-resistant and it protects for five hours or longer from mosquitoes, flies, and ticks.
- Gempler’s Shipping Saver. Gempler’s is both an online and bricks and mortar store where you can find non-chemical mosquito repellent. Repel Lemon Eucalyptus is a product sold by Gempler’s which is effective against ticks and mosquitoes. According to reviews, this product doesn’t damage synthetics or plastics although it can discolor leathers.
- Journal of Medical Entomology and ConsumerReport.org. Bite Blocker is a repellent tested by the Journal and Consumer report. This insect repellent is recommended for pregnant women and children. The product uses plant-based ingredients like geranium oil and soybean oil. The insect repellent is effective against mosquitoes, ticks and black flies.
- Fisher-Price. This manufacturer is another source of natural mosquito repellents. Most of these products are sold through websites because the company believes that modernization has the ability to transform the world.
Drugstores sell their repellent products together with other drugs. Online shopping and traditional retailing are both effective and efficient. Most drugstores believe that practising this type of selling not only allows consumers to compare efforts in both practices – online and traditional offline retailing – but also economizes time and expenses.
The above sources of mosquito repellent products believe that as a company they endeavor to become the earth’s most protective and customer-centric businesses. They continuously look for new ways to manufacture products for different types of customers both online and offline.