To find the perfect ice or bling to make any girl love you for life is not an easy quest. It’s got to be THE ONE she can flash and show off with no apologies. Now then, how can you buy the perfect engagement ring?
- Decide on the gemstone that will represent the perfect engagement ring: Ruby, Diamond, Emerald, or Sapphire, all of which are precious, rare, and absolutely and fabulously expensive. Real Ruby is clear, has very minor inclusions that are not visible to the naked eye, and is blood red or deep crimson in color but there are also pink-colored Ruby stones. When exposed to sunlight, real Diamond sparkles very sharply and in deepening shades of gray and not in brilliant colors contrary to popular belief. Real Emerald is intensely green with a touch of blue, often cloudy, and very brilliant. Real Sapphire is bubble-free and won’t easily succumb to scratches or cracks.
- Choose a gemstone that coincides with her birth month. This will lead you on the right track when choosing the perfect engagement ring.
- Consider the size (pea or egg), quality (carat), color (brilliant or pale), setting (solitaire or multiple), and shape (pear or marquise) that will be a perfect fit for your fiancée’s ring finger.
- Consider your budget and shop around. Some fine sources of engagement rings that you can find online are Tiffany&Company, Harry Winston, XIV Karats LTD, Jewelry Central, Blue Nile, and Gillets. Prices are extremely out of this world so come prepared with a fat checkbook. For example, you’ll have to spend $11,600 for a one-carat Tiffany Legacy Diamond ring from Tiffany & Co. A whopping cost, indeed! There are those that you can purchase for a mere $2,000 but of course, it won’t be as striking. This is one of the few occasions where you will be advised not to purchase such a priceless gift at e-Bay and Amazon.
- Note that all gemstones are different. A Ruby will not nearly be as flawless as a Diamond. You will have to be very exacting about the qualities that you will look for in your quest for the perfect engagement ring and while this can be determined by the 4Cs (Cut, Color, Clarity, and Carat), getting advice from a reputable jeweler will help you make the ultimate decision.
- Consult a fine jeweler expert. A knowledgeable jeweler that is more than skillful at his profession will tell you that differences and degree of value of each gemstone – Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire, and Emerald. Be very wary of coatings or substances used on any gemstone to make it even more striking than it already is. Ask your jeweler if he used anything to coat a gemstone’s surface. Make sure your jeweler has a microscope or a loupe available for checking the details of the gemstone. Ditto, his jewelry store must have good lighting so nothing escapes scrutiny. Turn tail and run if he has mood or track lighting instead of full-on daylight bulbs when it’s time to put the gemstones to the test.
Fine, breath-taking, remarkable, one-of-a-kind, custom-made, most-especially reserved for the woman of your dreams, and out of this world when it comes to its price points, the perfect engagement ring should be treated with the reverence it deserves and should be presented on the one night you are ready to ask her hand in marriage. When she accepts with a tearful “Yes!” request one thing of her, she can admire it on her finger and show it for all the world to see but to please take it off when doing housework or puttering around the garden. It’s that expensive, see?