Leather gloves are quite important in one’s daily attire. For women it is a fashion statement. Leather gloves are essential in expressing themselves through fashion. It is beauty in the palms of their hands.
It is a different story for men. For men, leather gloves are all about functionality like keeping them warm from the cold. But no matter how leather gloves are used or seen it is important to keep them in tip-top condition. Here are some useful tips in caring for your leather gloves.
- Keep it well so you can use it well. Before even tackling wear and tear of leather gloves you must learn how to keep it. Keeping leather gloves the right way is as important as maintaining it. Always store your leather gloves in a place where it will not get damp. Dampness and moisture are the home of molds. It is easy for mold to grow around in such condition. To prevent mold, keep your leather gloves covered or wrapped with cloth when not in use. The cloth will stop liquid from air from touching or settling on the leather gloves. To insure that your gloves are damp free, keep them in a dry place.
- Stop the increase of crease. Nothing says old and worn down for leather gloves like creases. Just as wrinkles are to a person’s face, creases show the age and adventures of a pair of leather gloves. But sometimes leather gloves get creases even when they are not in use. It is quite simple to get creases even in storage. It can be just a matter of putting something on top of a leather gloves. The continuous applied pressure builds stresses on your pair. Store your gloves in a place dedicated just for them to prevent creasing.
- Wash to flash. It is very embarrassing to flaunt gloves that are wearing mustard or liquid stain. To avoid such a situation, keep your leather gloves clean. Give it a wash every six months. To do this, carefully dab water cold water. Do squeeze it with water by hand. You can use mild soap or detergent to create the solution to cleanse the leather gloves. To rinse, dab and squeeze by hand the leather gloves with pure water. Be mindful of the pressure you apply when squeezing. Excessive force can deform your leather gloves. Remember you are cleaning your leather gloves and not rearranging it.
- High and dry. Do not use the leather gloves after washing. As much as it is important in your daily attire, you have to dry it to prevent mold from forming. Yes, mold is the foremost leather gloves killer. To dry your pair, hang them in a towel room at room temperature. Turning them inside out will not help in drying faster. Patience is key. And besides turning it inside out will only cause creases. Drying will take some days. It is best that you have a spare pair to use while your leather gloves are drying.
- Care just like hair. After your leather gloves have dried, apply leather conditioner to make them look as good as new.
The care of leather gloves doesn’t need particular expertise. The longevity and beauty of your leather gloves are in your hands.