A clogged pore is one of the leading causes of pimple breakouts. It is important to keep your face clean so that your pores will not get clogged up with oil and dirt. The presence of oil and dirt on your face can breed bacteria. You can go to the dermatologist to have your clogged pores cleared, but you must not only depend on your dermatologist to do this for you. There are some ways you can prevent your pores from being clogged and clear them.
Here are the steps on how you can clear your clogged pores:
- Materials you will need. To clean your clogged pores, you must have a regimen that you can stick to. You will need facial cleanser, toner, facial scrubs, face masks, moisturizer and some cotton balls. You will also need a soft cotton towel to dry your face. Choosing the right type of facial products is crucial. Some people get allergies from using commercial products. You can ask the advice of a dermatologist on which products are best to use for your skin type.
- Clean your face. Cleaning your face is the first step in cleaning your pores. You must make it a point to wash your face at least two times a day. If your face is oily, you may need to wash three times a day. Use your facial cleanser and pat your face dry after washing. Do not rub the towel on your face as this may irritate your skin.
- Use toner. After washing and drying your face, use the toner. Apply a small amount on a cotton ball and gently wipe it on your face. The toner will prevent your pores from being clogged.
- Moisturize your skin. Use moisturizer on your skin. The moisturizer will help keep the skin on your face hydrated. If your skin is dry, you will be producing more oil and this will increase your chances of having clogged pores.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliate your skin with the facial scrub at least once a week and at most twice a week. The facial scrub will get rid of the dead skin cells that are present on your face. Notice that your face will feel soft and smooth after exfoliating.
- Use face mask. Another step to do to clean clogged pores is to use a face mask once a week. Face masks come in different types. There are ones that help tighten the skin and others that minimize the size of your pores. Choose one that is appropriate for you.
These are the steps that you can do to clear your clogged pores. If you do this regimen religiously, you will notice that you face will look healthier and clearer. If you have a bad case of acne, it is advisable that you go to your dermatologist so that you can get the right medicines that will help clear your face up. Help your skin have a healthier glow by drinking at least eight glasses of water daily.