Amish people do not have the beautiful, distinct skin. They have the same skin as other people in the world. The only difference is that Amish people prefer to use more natural alternatives for clearing up their skin. If you despise chemicals on your face, then try the Amish way to having a clear skin.
The following are some Amish ways of clearing the skin:
- Natural soap. Commercially available soaps are mostly chemical-based. Buying natural soap is okay but it’s not actually the Amish way. Instead, make your own soap and use that. At least, you are sure about the ingredients you used for the soap. The soap should be as plain as possible—no perfume, no color, and no chemical.
- Baking soda. This powder has natural cleansing power that will be beneficial for clearing the face. Lightly scrub some baking soda on your damp face. Do this for about one minute and rinse with cool water.
- Coconut oil or olive oil. Wash your face using a natural soap and then, pat your skin dry. Apply just enough amount of either coconut oil or olive oil on your skin. Massage the oil on your skin as forcefully as possible. The deeper the oil gets into your skin pores, the better results.
- Yogurt. The lactic acid in plain and unflavored yogurt can peel the dead skin cells gently so that your skin won’t have clog pores anymore. The acid helps lighten the dark spots on your skin.
- Honey. This is a sweet treat to having clearer skin. Honey gets rid or dead skin cells, clarifies skin pores, fights bacteria, heals, protects, and softens the skin. It’s like facial wash, toner, and moisturizer in one. After washing and drying your skin, apply some honey on your face and leave it to do its job for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Vinegar. Regular or apple cider vinegar clears up the skin of nasty pimples. It has bacteria-fighting ingredient to do this. Vinegar can also balance the skin’s pH level. This also helps in absorbing excessive oil from the skin. To use this, dilute one part of vinegar to about nine parts of water. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply on your skin. Leave the solution on for some minutes and rinse off with water.
- Tomato paste. Do you know that by drinking tomato juice daily, your skin will be clearer and radiant? If you don’t like the taste, then try a tomato paste on the skin. The lycopene from tomatoes can clear up impurities on the skin. Apply some tomato paste on your skin and leave it there for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water.
- Aloe Vera. The gel from this plant is known for removing scars. Gently apply some of the Aloe Vera gel on your scars everyday. The result may not be that fast, but at least, you’ll know that it will work.
Amish people are known for their simplicity. They prefer natural ways rather than benefit from the modern technology. And with the things above, it’s almost impossible that Amish people won’t have clear skin. Even if you are not an Amish, these natural and simple ways are far way better than commercial products.