Looking for a ring but can’t decide which one is the best? Go for platinum. Platinum is a precious metal and definitely one of the favorites of many jewelers because of its many strong and endearing qualities. If you want to know more about what makes platinum stand out, here’s a list of its best qualities that may help you decide to invest in a platinum ring.
- 1. Strength and durability. Due to its strength and durability, platinum has recently become the best choice for wedding bands and special rings. Platinum prongs, as compared to other metal alloy counterparts, holds gemstones and other designs securely in place for its lifetime. You won’t have to worry about a stone coming loose. Because of its purity, platinum doesn’t corrode over the years. It won’t fade and tarnish as long as you take care of it well. Unlike white gold, it doesn’t wear down easily due to everyday use, and won’t get smaller and slimmer. In fact, it would probably still look as pristine as when you first bought it. Getting a platinum ring as a wedding ring would surely be the best representation of a strong and enduring relationship. But you shouldn’t intentionally or carelessly put your platinum ring to the test. It still isn’t entirely scratchproof. Better remove it when you’re about to engage in sports, or any other activity that might cause damage to your ring. When not in use, put your platinum ring in a cloth-covered case.
- Simplicity. For those who can’t wear flashier and over the top-looking rings like those made of gold, platinum provides the best alternative. Its white gold luster stands out on its own, and does perfectly well by itself without many embellishments.
- Timeless elegance and beauty. Whether fancy or just simple, platinum rings give off a look of timeless elegance and beauty. Touches of yellow gold, in particular, make a platinum ring look dazzling, and something fit for royalty. Diamonds stand out perfectly well with a platinum background. Platinum also enhances the beauty of other gemstones.
- Versatility. Platinum is also the favorite choice of metal alloy for jewelers and craftsmen because of its versatility. It can be formed and fashioned into many different shapes and contortions. Arches, waves, and weaves can be done with platinum. It can also be crafted with intricate and complicated designs, motifs, embellishments, and engravings. It can go with gemstones, pearls, diamonds, and even gold. The possibilities are endless. You won’t have to worry about matching it with your clothes, style, or colors because a platinum ring complements everything, whether it be casual, workplace, or formal attire. It will stand out perfectly on a white wedding dress, a little black party dress, or a formal suit. Lovers of white gold and silver jewelry would also find platinum endearing.
- Guaranteed hypoallergenic. Pure platinum rings and jewelry are safe to use even for people with sensitive skin. When browsing, look for pieces that are at least 95% pure. Look for marks indicating 950 Plat, 900 Plat, 950Pt, 900Pt, Pt950, or Pt900.
- Flexible price range. When it comes to pricing, platinum rings are generally middle-range to above average. If you’re looking for designer rings, or a more sophisticated and embellished look, better be prepared to pay a little more. You can browse first and compare prices between online shops and brick-and-mortar retail stores. But rest assured whatever price you pay for your platinum ring would be surely worth it.
- Intrinsic value. Your platinum ring is there with you for the long haul. Its strength, durability, and other perfect qualities only make it as valuable as your authentic gold jewelry collection, if not more.
If you’re looking for a ring that’s not only beautiful and elegant, but can also endure the tests of time, go for a platinum ring. Its many strong and endearing qualities would surely be valuable investment for you.