Spa parties are a novel way for people to spend time together in a relaxing mood and atmosphere. In most cases, spa parties are held for bridal entourages. These can also be held for teenage girls or even a lady of any age for her friends.
Spa parties are also a way to get the usual spa services without the usual fuss that comes with it. Services during spa parties are usually express services that last 20 to 30 minutes, to give everyone a chance to get a massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, or other such services, at the comfort of home.
- First, you will need to make arrangements for a spa party service. There are spa providers that have packages for home-servicing that can support dozens of people. Remember that spa parties can be for as few as four people, to as many as 20 or 30, depending on your venue and your needs.
- Some examples of spa party providers include mobilehomespa.com, sparties.com and spachicksonthego.com. These companies will usually setup their mobile spa facilities and include two or three technicians on-site for massages, manicures, pedicures, and facials. Some companies will even provide the décor, but in most cases, you should set the ambience and mood yourself.
- Use a lot of candles. Candles are a staple of spa décor. These can set the mood and ambience of your party. For best results, use scented candles. Ask the spa party provider if they will be featuring a certain essential oil or blend. This way, you won’t unnecessarily burn incompatible-smelling candles. For a relaxing atmosphere, use Lavender-scented candles.
- Hang Christmas lights. Since you will probably be turning off the main lights, try hanging small rice lights or decorative lights to help bring about that atmosphere of festivity, but without being too bright.
- Have enough robes, towels and washcloths. For best results, have one for each guest. You can check with the spa provider if this will be included in their services. If not, you can buy a set of towels in matching colors for each of your guests. They can bring these home as a souvenir.
- Play soothing music. Nothing can set the mood better than some relaxing music. Have jazz or classical selections ready, so that you can have something to relax with. Or, you can play sounds from nature, like beach sounds, or forest sounds. This will help set the mood while you enjoy your spa experience.
- Set out some magazines. While the point of a spa party is for you and your friends to mingle and have fun, you can use magazines as points of conversation, particularly those that cater to gossip and entertainment.
- Add drapes to your furniture. Complete the spa look by draping your furniture in fabrics in subdued colors. This will help improve the atmosphere. More importantly, you will protect your furniture from accidental spills and splashes.
When decorating for a spa party, try to make the place as relaxing as possible without necessarily being too boring that your guests will fall asleep.