More often than not bridesmaids have no choice when it comes to the dress they are going to wear during the wedding. It is because only one design is chosen for their dress. It can be quite difficult as bridesmaids will have different body types and the chosen dress may not really suit each one of the bridesmaids. It may look very good on one but not with the rest of your wedding party. If you have dramatically different bridesmaids, do not despair. There is a solution to make your wedding party ensemble look good and happy on your wedding day.
- Search online for wedding websites that have galleries of wedding gowns and wedding party dresses in different colors and styles. Look for those that show the bridesmaid dresses and gowns worn by models of different body types. This will give you a fair idea of how particular designs and colors will look on your own bridesmaids.
- Look for designs that will flatter different body shapes. You should consider the cut of the neckline when choosing the dress for your bridesmaids. Scoop, square and V-shaped necklines are flattering for every figure. If your bridesmaid have beautiful arms, a halter top and strapless neckline will be good for her. Those with narrow shoulders can benefit from an asymmetrical neckline. For busty women, dresses with boatneck and off the shoulder neckline will minimize the size of the bust line. Sweetheart and jewel necklines will enhance the figure of those with small busts.
- An A-line skirt is flattering for all types of figures and they make a better fit for all body types than those gowns and dresses with defined waist lines.
- Take the price of the dress into consideration. Think of the expense that each of your bridesmaids will incur to get the dress that you prefer them to wear. Check the material and design. There may be dresses in the same style that is made of cheaper material that still look good. Give your bridesmaids the freedom to choose as they will be paying for it. If you can afford it, then you can have their dresses made for them in your choice of material and design. Consider also that fact that the dress may worn only for one time.
- Talk to your bridesmaids and ask them the type of dress they prefer to wear on your wedding day and how much they are willing to spend for the dress. Consult each one of them and show them the styles and designs that you have chosen and make sure each one has a copy of those designs that you have compiled so they can have some time to study them.
- Decide on the color and have your bridesmaids choose the design and style that will make them look good and feel comfortable wearing on your wedding day. All of you should go to the store and try out the styles that you and your bridesmaids have chosen. Make sure that the dresses will fit each of your dramatically different bridesmaids before buying the dresses.
Do not forget to show them the hairstyles that you have chosen for them a few months before the wedding. You have to give them enough time as they may be deciding to cut their hair and have it styled differently. Letting them know ahead of time will prevent them from doing anything drastic to their hair. The hairstyles, accessories and jewelry can unify the look of your dramatically different bridesmaids even though they will be wearing different dresses.