These days, every fashion trend is about dressing in a unique and different way. The newest is dressing techno. Whether it be for a party or just because, techno dress is all the rage in Europe and throughout the United States. With a few simple and inexpensive items, you will be a techno fashionista in no time!
- Buy yourself a color pair of neon oversized sunglasses. Sunglasses are a staple in the techno scene.
- Find the brightest clothing you have: neon pinks, greens, blues, oranges, yellows, etc. The techno style is all about flashy colors and accenting them with other colors. If you can find a color t-shirt with neon writing, that can work too. If you're a girl or boy, you can wear jeans with a cool t-shirt and a pair of shades.
- Or for another look you can follow this step: If you're a girl, either find a miniskirt or a color dress that you can wear some neon biker shorts under (these are like tight leggings and can be purchased at almost any trendy store.) If you're a guy, nice tight fighting jeans work. Typically an acid wash or a really cool texture/pattern of jean is the best. Boys should also opt for a neon colored shirt or a white or gray v neck.
- Shoes are an essential part of the techno scene. For girls, black or silver flats or funky high heels are perfect. For boys, shoes that are dressier or things like vans will work just fine.
- Accessorize: glow sticks, big crazy sunglasses, strands of pearls or any kind of cool and funky jewelry. There are even some necklaces that come in a range of neon colors! These work perfect for accenting the colors in your clothing.
- Experiment with you hair. Your hair should look messy, yet nice at the same time.
Keep in mind that the fun and interesting thing about dressing techno is that no two people's styles are exactly the same. Always add a flare of individuality, such as wearing glowsticks around your neck or adding some really trendy accesories. Also be aware that some people find techno dress "weird" or "alarming." To this fact, I always say, "Yes, but what's the fun in not having fun?" Techno style is all about appreciating the music and the fun in life. The clothing one should wear is always fun and festive, rather than boring and normal.