Eye wrinkles happen to the best of people, especially once aging starts to advance. Though aging gracefully is something that everyone aims for, the early onset of wrinkling especially in the eye area is sometimes caused by constantly rubbing, tugging, and creasing/squinting. Indirectly, constant exposure to the extreme heat and cold increases the chances of eye wrinkles.
There’s good news, however. You can erase eye wrinkles instantly with these tips below:
- Splash your skin with cold water and very gently rub the area around the eyes with ice cubes. This is a fantastic and instant way of kissing those wrinkles goodbye.
- Use cucumber. Cold slices of cucumber when placed over the eyes until it turns warm instantly refreshes tired skin and puffy eyes, two of the culprits of wrinkling around the eyes.
- Alternate cucumber with tea bags. Place a couple of tea bags in the freezer then place in on your peepers and feel the tiredness dissipate along with the wrinkles.
- Use an egg white mask on your entire face. The proteins in egg whites firm up wrinkles around the face including those around the eyes. Simply separate the egg whites from the yolk and use your fingers to apply the goo on your face. Let it sit there for 20 minutes. Do this once a day to get rid of wrinkles faster.
- Apply cold milk on your face for 10 minutes every morning and night. If preparing egg whites takes too much time. Just take that box of milk from the refrigerator, pour it in a bowl, take a cotton ball, and start applying the milk as you would your toner. Spread it evenly on the wrinkles on your eyes. Don’t be shy to include your entire face. The proteins in the milk will work wonders to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes and face. Leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water.
- Apply moisturizer that targets wrinkles around the eyes. There are a lot of over-the-counter eye creams in the market that’s just waiting to be tried by you. Elle Magazine swears by Estée Lauder Time Zone Anti-Line/Wrinkle Eye Crème; Olay Professional Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex; Perricone MD Neuropeptide Eye Contour; Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Eye Shadow; and MD Skincare Hydra-Pure Firming Eye Cream. Go ahead. Take your pick and buy pronto!
- Follow application procedure when moisturizing. Read the label of your moisturizer and dab the right amount starting at the inner corner working your way to the outer corner of each eye. Dab, do not stretch or tug.
- Go for regular eye masks. Clarins, Sephora, and Neutrogena offer some of the most reliable eye masks to get rid of eye wrinkles overnight.
- Try not to sleep on your side or face down on the pillow. Though it’s true that people constantly change sleeping positions during the night and this includes sleeping on the side or face down, you have to steel yourself into sleeping on your back if you don’t want to aggravate eye wrinkles.
- Get rid of your nasty habits. Smoking, rubbing your eyes, and constantly tugging and stretching while removing your makeup will prevent you from getting rid of eye wrinkles instantly. The operative word here is “INSTANTLY” so you have to start changing your nasty habits right this second if you want instant results.
Lastly, you might want to take a skin vitamin so you can start nourishing your skin from within. It will help in minimizing or delaying the onset of wrinkles.