It’s been said that designer luggage never travel anywhere except first-class. Well, who said that classy, sophisticated and tasteful girls are never found in the economy section? There are ways that you could score designer luggage minus the hefty prices. So if you want to travel with famous names such as Louis (as in Vuitton) without having to break the bank (or break into a bank), here are some tips to help you out:
- Know how to determine whether a luggage is of the authentic brand. Designer knock-offs are a thriving industry, and if you’re intent to keep your own collection pure-blooded, it’s very important that you learn how to spot a fake. This may be harder than it looks, because even signs meant to ensure the brand is real can be replicated nowadays. One smart move you can make is to visit the official stores of the brand that you are keen on having, and then observing the details of the items carefully until you are familiar with how the real one feels and looks like. This will help you tell whether you are scoring an authentic designer luggage or a well-crafted fake.
- Set realistic expectations. Remember, you can score designer luggage at greatly reduced prices, but you should still expect to shell out much more than you would with a non-designer item. For example, an original Louis Vuitton monogram canvas soft-sided luggage bag costs $1,200. You might be able to score it for as low as $500. Any less and you might be dealing with a fake.
- Consider buying second-hand. Original designer luggage costs at least a thousand dollars, but you can score about 50% discount if you choose to buy previously owned ones. Scour through websites such as ebay.com and amazon.com for some great finds. Check the reputability of the seller to ensure that he is indeed selling an authentic piece. Also, check the photos and descriptions of the item to see if it is still in good condition.
- Browse online. Apart from eBay, Craigslist and the like, there are other websites that specialize in offering luggage for wholesale prices. Some examples of websites worth checking out include the following: luggageguy.com, luggageonline.com, ebags.com and luggagepoint.com.
- Consider renting. Another option that you just might think about is renting your luggage. This could be great if you want to have different types of bags every time. Check out the website bagborroworsteal.com.
There you have it! These are just some of your options if you want to
find real designer luggage at wholesale prices. If quality and brand
names are very important to you, remember that there are still plenty of
ways that you could get the quality you want without having to shell
out too much money. The trade-off, of course, is that you allot enough
time to browse through the possibilities, and that you should have a
good eye for knowing whether a deal is too good to be true that you
might be dealing with a fake.