Being fashionable nowadays can set you back big time. The prices of major designer shoes can make a grown man cry. Admittedly, you are paying for quality and not just aesthetics. Designers shoes are often hand made using the finest materials.
If you are a lover of high fashion and designer brands, you would probably give an arm and a leg for designer dresses as well as designer handbags. But if you have a certified shoe addict, designer evening shoes and elegant footwear are just your cup of tea.
Unfortunately, the cost of designer shoes is prohibitive. Unless you have money to burn, it is not practical to incur debt over designer footwear. Therefore, you need to start looking for designer shoes on sale. The question is: how to you find discounts on designer shoes? Here is the answer:
- Go to high-end department stores. Even in high-end stores like Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, you can score great deals. To make room for new stocks, these retailers put unsold seasonal shoes on sale. You can find some great, cheap designer shoes this way.
- Shop at off-price centers. You can also go to the off-price centers of these high-end department stores to find great deals. Nordstrom Rack, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call Center, TJ Maxx, Loehmann’s, and Marshals are off-price retailers that offer great deals on designer shoes, bags, dresses and more!
- Visit discount stores. The prices of designer shoes in discount stores are marked down from their original price. It’s like getting cheap shoes but with a fashion designer’s name attached to it. The Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) offers designer shoes at warehouse prices. DSW also has an award winning loyalty program for shopaholics. Buy discounted shoes, get more shoes!
- Drive to your favorite outlet mall. Bargain hunters often go to outlet malls to find great discounts on designer shoes. You can find different brands at cheaper prices compared to shoes found in high-end malls.
- Check-out websites of department stores. Internet shopping is a great way to find discounted designer shoes. Visit the online websites of department stores like: Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Macy's and Nordstrom. It's easy to search for discount shoes online because you'll know right away if they have your size.
- Bargain hunt on the web. Internet shopping sites like SmartBargains.com, Zappos.com, StyleDrops.com and Bluefly.com are just a few of the many online stores selling discount designer shoes, handbags, accessories at lower prices.
- Log on to auction sites. Many discounted designer items are found in auction sites like eBay. Some shoes are brand new while others are previously own.
Cheap designer shoes are easy to find…you just have to know where to look. When going to stores or outlet shops go early and beat the rush. When shopping online, the disadvantage is not being able to fit the shoes. However, you can always go to the high-end stores, find what you like (size, color and style) then go online. Who knows, maybe you can find it on sale on the web. You don’t have to break the bank just to wear designer shoes. A smart and savvy shopper can always find great shoes for less.