Are you always having that unpleasant feeling in your skin that urges you to scratch it off? If so, then you might have turned that simple itching into rashes. While itching causes all these scaly rashes, it can be prevented in natural ways. Whether that skin itching is in your arms, legs, or any part of your body, you can stop that irritation by using natural alternative treatments. If you don’t know what and where to find them, follow the steps below to help you stop that itching the natural way.
- Think of what might have caused the itching. Know its source by considering some instances. You probably have walked through your garden and your legs have been accidentally in contact with a plant irritant. If you have pets at home, it is possible that you have acquired furs from them and this has resulted you from itching. You may also want to check on your garments, bed sheet, and towels for they may also cause the itching especially when not changed from time to time. It is also possible that dandruff or lice cause the itching of your head. Having dry skin is also one of the common causes of itching. Whatever the cause is, you should determine it first and foremost because knowing the root cause would help you eliminate the itching easily.
- Look for the different natural alternative treatments, which may be available at home. If not, you can buy them at stores near you. For the list of some natural alternative treatments for itchy skin, see examples below.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is a popular treatment for itching. Grind 3-5 tablespoons of oatmeal using mortar & pestle or blender. Once you have produced fine powder of oatmeal, put it in an empty container. Add warm water to the container to make an oatmeal bath. Using your hand or a smooth clean towel, apply the mixture on the affected area for about thirty minutes.
- Baking soda. Create a baking soda paste by combining 2 tablespoons of baking soda and cold water. Make sure not to add too much water for it may affect the thickness of the paste. Dip a smooth clean cloth into the mixture and slightly rub it onto the itchy area. You may also want to try putting the baking soda directly onto the affected area. Either way, there’s a relief from itching.
- Vinegar. Like baking soda, you can put vinegar onto the itchy area directly. You may soak cotton balls into the vinegar and rub it on the itchy area afterwards. Another way is by combining a cup of vinegar and a pail of warm water. Mix it gently and take this bath afterwards.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil is also an effective natural treatment for itching. Just pour ample amount on the itchy area and presto!, your dry itchy skin will be gone in no time. Apart from this benefit, using coconut oil can also result to a softer skin.
Itchy skin can be treated easily. But in cases where the simple itching turned into rashes and these rashes turned into blisters, see your doctor for proper treatment.