The recent technology in the world today has made cosmetic procedures accessible and convenient for almost every person who seeks its benefits. Most people assume that cosmetic procedures are only for those who are vain. In reality, there are also people who need cosmetic procedures not for vanity’s sake but as part of further medical treatment. Cosmetic procedures are not inexpensive.
Each treatment does not go below a thousand dollars, and that is for the initial treatment alone. If you are interested in undergoing a cosmetic procedure, be prepared to save money for surgery cost. Most cosmetic procedures need follow-up procedures after that first procedure has been done.
The average surgery cost for cosmetic procedures varies, since there are different types of cosmetic procedures that cosmetic surgeons can do. Another thing to ponder is that women have different cosmetic needs from men and that the cosmetic procedures done may need different considerations.
Here are some of the common cosmetic procedures done on women and their average surgery cost:
- Breast augmentation. This includes breast enlargement, breast reduction, and breast lifts. There is an option to use saline or silicone implants. Saline implants can go from $5,000 to $6,000 while silicone implants are more expensive at $6,000 to $8,000. Breast lifts cost on average from $5,000 to $6,000.
- Face lift. Face lifts can diminish the appearance of wrinkles on a woman’s face. There may be other procedures that are done aside from the lift itself. Nevertheless, the face lift procedure alone can cost from $7,000 to $9,000.
- Brow lift and eyelid tuck. These are just some of the procedures that may follow a face lift operation. Having the brow lifted takes care of the wrinkles that are visible in the forehead. Eyelids tucks, both upper and lower, are needed to complement the brow lift procedure. Brow lifts can go from $3,000 to $5,000 while eyelid tucks are more expensive at $4,000 to $5,500.
- Tummy Tuck. This procedure is often requested by mothers who have just given birth. It gets rid of the fats and restores the tummy right back to its state before pregnancy. Average cost is around $6,000 to $8,000.
Meanwhile, here are common cosmetic procedures done on men and their average surgery cost:
- Gynecomastia removal. Gynecomastia is commonly known as “man boobs” or the presence of excessive tissue in the breasts. This is often seen in men who have gained and lost weight and can be quite embarrassing to have. Average cost is from $2,000 to $3,000.
- Pectoral implants. This procedure is very common among body builders who fail to build chest mass even with regular work outs. The procedure only requires a day in the hospital but a month off from working out in the gym. It costs around $6,000 to $7,000.
Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures for both men and women, as obesity becomes a major problem among adults. The average minimum surgery cost for this procedure is around $3,000. The price goes up depending on the amount of body fat that is removed.