The growth of the skin care industry has sparked interest in developing anti aging supplements to help rejuvenate sunken and dried skin. There are a lot of available anti-aging supplements out in the market today, each boasting of benefits and merits.
If you want to find the best anti-aging supplement, here are the ingredients that you need to look for on the back label.
- Green tea extract. This component is widely popular due to its antioxidant properties. Recently, it has been proven to have anti-aging properties that are necessary to have a youthful appearance and healthy skin. It has an EGCG component that is helpful in protecting the body from free radicals that damage healthy cells.
- Gingko biloba. Keeping yourself young is not only for your outward appearance but inside as well. Gingko biloba has been popular for its memory and mental function enhancements. It helps prevent blood vessel blockage, as well as cellular damage that come with old age.
- Melatonin. Melatonin is a natural body enzyme that helps a person be rejuvenated during sleep. It regulates a person’s aging clock and helps the body recuperate. A regular dose of this hormone gives the body the chance to effectively rest, regenerate and repair damaged cells.
- Coenzyme Q10. This is an antioxidant present in oily fish, whole grains, carrots and spinach. It not only helps reduce age-related diseases like diabetes, heart disease and muscular dystrophy, but also helps regulate fat and sugar oxidation to fight the signs of aging. Due to these, it has been proven effective in lengthening a person’s lifespan.
- L-arginine, L-valine, L-glutamine, gapa or alpha-GPC. These are human growth hormones that have been found to aid in obtaining a younger look. These are naturally produced in the pituitary gland to maintain all growth processes in the body, control tissue regeneration, and assist in cell repair and growth. As a person ages, the production of these hormones are slowed down. Taking these as part of a supplement will stimulate the pituitary gland, increasing your energy levels, and reducing laugh lines and wrinkles to make you look younger.
- Vitamin E. This is widely popular in the field of skin care due to its antioxidant features. Not only does it help remove toxins from the body and reduce the damages done by free radicals, it can also help boost your immune system, reduce skin inflammation, and reduce the risk and chances of skin cancer.
- Ginseng. Ginseng is a popular Chinese medicinal herb with a number of uses. In skin care, it helps brighten and enliven the skin, making it look younger. Taken internally, it is known to help reduce stress, boost brain blood circulation, and improve a person’s mental function. Recently, it has been found out that taking it as a supplement can increase the production of lymphocyte that offsets aging effects. It has also been known to increase a person’s lifespan and prevent weight loss associated with aging, although more testing is needed.
Remember, though, that you have to balance taking anti-aging supplements with proper diet and exercise. No matter how good the components of your supplement are, it is never enough without a personal involvement to back it up.