It is always difficult to choose the right size when buying dress shirts online. Here's a little tip.
- Check the return policy. If you are buying the shirt online, always make sure that the site offers a money back guarantee. You should be able to return the shirt if it doesn't fit.
- Select the right collar size. When trying out a dress shirt, you should be able to put just one or perhaps two fingers in between the buttoned collar and your throat.
- Make sure your sleeves are long enough. The sleeves should preferably be about 0.8 inches (2 cm) over your wrists, so the shirt sleeve is visible under a jacket sleeve.
- Pay attention to the cuffs. When you bend your arm the sleeves should be so long that the cuff doesn't ride up over your wrist.
- Choose the right style. There are various styles of dress shirts. The most common are the classic fit and the slim fit. If you go for the classic shirt, you will want to make sure that the shirt doesn't pull across the chest or waist when standing in a relaxed position.
- Stay in! When raising your arms the shirt tails should stay in your pants!
- Consider how you will wear the shirt. If you're interested in wearing the shirt casually (with a pair of jeans or similar) and therefore don't want to tuck the shirt into your pants, then make sure you are buying a shirt with a "low button." A low button is a button placed down low on the shirt. If the shirt doesn't have a low button, the shirt may appear very baggy on you.
Good luck choosing the right dress shirt!
Online Shirt Sales