No one likes to have a bad hair day! Hair care is an essential habit, no matter what type of hair you have, curly, straight or wavy. Frizzy or damaged hair is a common problem caused by dryness and extensive exposure to the environment. It could also happen because of excessive washing. Most people have frizz on their hairline, the ends or the scalp. These simple methods can help fix frizzy hair.
- smoothening product
- paddle brush
- Use a smoothening product on frizzy hair when it is wet, this helps to get your hair prepared. Blow-dry using a paddle brush and use the ‘cool' button on the dryer to close down the cuticle, making your hair nice and smooth.
- If using anti-frizz products, look for products which contain silicon. Pour a little bit of the anti-frizz product on your palm and spread it evenly on your hands. Next, focus on frizzy area. For example, if the frizz is around the hairline, hit that area in the end as it prevents that area from getting too oily. Apply the product on the ends first as some products can be on the heavy side, then work your way up to the hairline.
- Make sure you are using a really good conditioner as it helps to rebuild and keep the hair in an optimal condition, so you have no frizzy hair issues.
- Speak to your hair stylist to check if your hair is really frizzy or it requires a little trimming. And in case it is trimming that your hair needs, then using an anti-frizz product is useless.
Tips and precautions to avoid frizzy hair:
- Do not wash your hair too often, lack of moisture in the follicles causes frizzy hair.
- Instead of shampooing your hair every day, wash it every alternate day or twice a week.
- Use a shampoo that best suits your hair type.
- Deep condition your hair weekly.
The circulatory system provides oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles, which help keep your hair healthy and strong. Vitamins B5 and B8 (pantothenic acid and biotin, respectively), Omega-3 essential fatty acids, proteins and water are vital nutrients for your hair. Use products which have any or all of these ingredients - Evening Primrose oil, silica and lecithin, to keep your hair frizz-free and shiny!
Avoid the following:
- Fine tooth combs and brushes
- Excessive styling with heat
- Touching hair while it's drying
- Styling products with high alcohol content (firm-hold gels and hairsprays)
- Frictional movements such as rubbing hair strands roughly, etc.
Frizz plagues both thin and thick hair. Sometimes even professional products may not be able to fix the problem. There are a lot of age old remedies and treatments to fix frizzy hair. Massage a mixture of the ingredients such as olive oil, eggs, avocado and bananas, which act as a deep conditioning agent on a weekly basis. Leave the mixture on for about a half hour and wash away using mild shampoo and your frizzy hair should disappear for good!