The hair is said to be our crowning glory, and we never hesitate to spend money just to make it look good. Hair ironing using a flat iron or straightening iron is one of the most popular ways to fix hair. It is one great way to enhance the shiny look of most hair types. So how does this process work? A flat iron makes use of heat to "force" hair strands to straighten. It also produces steam that adds moisture to the hair, giving it more shine and gloss. Flat irons are usually made of metal or ceramic; however, ceramic irons are more preferable because it is less damaging to hair strands.
The best thing about flat irons is that they're very hassle-free to use. You could use them in the comfort of your own home, even while you lounge around on a Sunday afternoon. So if you're interested in straightening your hair yourself, here are simple steps to follow:
- Wet the hair thoroughly with warm water, and use appropriate shampoo for your hair type. Rinse it with cool water to remove excess shampoo residue.
- Apply a small amount of hair mask and concentrate on the ends of the hair. Leave it for three minutes, and then rinse thoroughly. Hair masks produce a luminous effect in the hair and makes it easy to manage.
- Use conditioner to prevent frizz, hair breakage, split ends and hair drying.
- Use a towel to get rid of excess water. Comb hair with a large toothed comb and not with a brush, since it may cause hair strands to break. Divide the hair into small sections.
- Make sure to apply heat-protection spray to protect the hair from the heat that flat irons or curling irons produce. Apply a small amount of the product into the palm of your hand and evenly spread it into the hair.
- Blow-dry the hair thoroughly, pointing the hairdryer downward. Make sure that you don't overexpose your hair to the intense heat to avoid damaging your hair.
- Start ironing and set the right temperature, apply pressure and slowly move the iron downward. Make sure that you are very careful in keeping the flat iron away from the scalp, as the iron could cause burns and injuries.
- After ironing apply hair serum or wax to maintain the desired look of your hair. Construct the hair to your desired style.
Safety warnings must be taken into consideration. Keep the flat iron out of reach of children. If you have thin hair, make sure that you use low temperatures only. Never leave your flat iron unattended, to avoid accidents. Proper storage of the flat iron is necessary to maintain its quality.
Invest in a good quality flat iron. These are very easy to find, and many different makes and brands are available at your local mall. You can also use chi straightener to take care of your hair to make it more glamorous. Search for reviews on the net for using a particular flat iron. Hair products can add volume to your hair and could help you in building your self-confidence.
Here are some additional important tips to remember: a good hair cut helps out to achieve the perfect style of your hair; always keep the iron clean; and avoid straightening your hair everyday to lessen the possibility of split ends and hair breakage. And just a final word: make sure that you differentiate a flat iron steak from the flat iron you use for your hair - as long as you've got that down pat (along with the other tips listed above), then go ahead and purchase a flat iron for your hair today!