Curly hair can be sexy. It is also alluring and exciting. This is the reason why women like to curl their hair. The feeling of sexiness boosts women’s confidence. In the past, perming was the only way to get perfect curls. There are now other ways to curl hair. Women with straight hair can also do this easily. All you need is to follow the procedures below.
The following are the steps on how to get perfect curls in your hair.
- Wash your hair. Afterwards, blow-dry it until it is slightly damp. You should also some heat protector spray with you. Spray it on your hair while it is still damp. This will help prevent damage to your hair. This is especially if you are using curling iron.
- Divide your hair. Divide it into two sections – the upper and bottom parts. It is important that you section your hair. This will help you curl your hair easily. It would also avoid destroying other curls you already finished. After dividing your hair, use a clip to hold the upper parts. You can use other hair products as long as it can hold your hair. After doing so, proceed to the next step.
- Curl the bottom part of your hair. It is important that you start at the bottom. Curling the upper parts first will only result in a messy look. Start curling by getting at least 2 inches wide of hair. If you are using a sponge roller, roll the section of the hair. Afterwards, use a clip to hold it in place. Do this for the rest of the bottom part of your hair. If you are using a curling iron, curl your hair until it is two to three inches away from your scalp. This is important. This will prevent damaging your scalp. Repeat the steps until you curl all of the bottom section.
- Curl the upper part. Clip the bottom parts of your hair. Avoid touching the curls when you do this. Afterwards, remove the clip from the upper section. Start curling the upper section by repeating the same steps above. When you use a curling iron, avoid touching the bottom parts of your hair. This may ruin the curls.
- Allow your hair to dry. If you are using sponge rollers, wait until the hair is dry before removing them. Allow your hair to dry naturally. As much as possible, avoid using a blow dryer. Using a blow dryer can ruin the curls. It could also cause a frizzy effect on your hair.
- Apply holding spray. After allowing your hair to dry, remove the sponge rollers. Use your fingers and run them through your hair. Afterwards, shake the curls a little bit. Then, apply the holding spray. This will keep the curls longer. If you are using a curling iron, apply the holding spray immediately after you finish curling all your hair.
These are the steps on how to get perfect curls in your hair. As much as possible, avoid using curling irons all the time. Continuous use can damage your hair badly. Sponge rollers are safer to use. These rollers do not damage the hair. They are also effective in giving perfect curly hair.