The teenage years offer memories worth looking back upon. Well, yes, except for those tiny, irritating spots often found on your face – pimple scars! These scars may cause anxiety for the bearer and may even lead to low self-esteem. Worry no more, for nowadays there are many ways to eliminate these scars naturally and through surgical-like treatments. Your first step is to determine whether the scars or pits on your face are really pimple scars or just enlarged pores. You may clarify this with a visit to a dermatologist.
- Most people opt for natural means when treating pimple scars. Products for scars are sold over the counter. Rosehip oil is about the most famous scar removing essential oil. It consists of fatty acids helpful in eliminating scars and even wrinkles.
- Aloe vera oil is also of great effect in removing scars. Tea tree oil, another herbal treatment, has an antibacterial feature that gently treats pimple scars.
- Essential oil of lavender has regenerative properties also great for acne and pimple blemishes. These oils are applied directly to the skin, on the marked spots. If you have sensitive skin, oil of grape seed can be mixed in order for the oil to be diluted.
In this generation, a great deal of homemade scar remedies have been tried and proven. Among the most effective ones is a homemade paste out of sandalwood and rosewater. Apply the paste on your face like a facemask before going to sleep, then wash it off with water when you wake up. Oatmeal mixture is one famous pimple remedy. It is made out of oats, yogurt and honey. Applying the mixture detoxifies your face from bacteria. The mask must be used every day for three to four months. Ice and milk is also effective. It reduces pimple marks quickly while you massage your face with the coolness of the ice.
Another way to eliminate pimple blemishes is to improve your skin’s elasticity. It will cause the scars to shrink and slowly disappear in a few months. The best way to do this is to put a paste made of pineapple and papaya on your face. There are many choices in natural treatment of pimple scars. You just have to choose which is the most effective for your skin. Once you have chosen a treatment, stick to it for quite some time, two months at least, in order to see its effect on your skin. Jumping from one treatment to another will not give the remedy a chance to fully act on your pimple blemishes.
If you have severe cases of pimple scars on your face, you might need to consult a dermatologist. It may be due to hormonal imbalance, or its severity maybe such that essential oils and other homemade treatments won’t do. Surgical-type treatments might be needed.
The best way to eliminate pimple marks is prevention. Before these blemishes appear, have a healthy clean routine. It is just as simple and easy as one, two, three.
- Eat a balanced diet, especially fruits and vegetables that naturally detoxify your skin.
- Drink plenty of water – good circulation of water in the blood produces glowing skin.
- Exercising regularly also makes your skin healthy.
- Lastly, wash your face to remove any trace of make-up worn during the day.
It is easier and better to avoid pimples than to remove pimple scars.