Wrinkly hands are often associated with old age. But did you know that you could have wrinkles on your hands even at a young age? Although hand wrinkles have something to do with being old, they also can be caused by improper nutrition, lack of exercise, and insufficient hand care. Wrinkles are okay if you are past the youthful age, but if you are relatively young, they are in no way pretty. So to help you get rid of wrinkly hands, here are some tips.
- Use hand cream. Because of their moisturizing effects, hand creams are effective in blurring the wrinkles on your hands. The good thing is that there are lots of hand creams available in the market today, so you won’t run out of choices. The only thing you need to make sure is that the hand cream of your choice benefits your type of skin. Hand cream should be liberally applied to the back of your hands. And after a few days of use, you will see noticeable improvements.
- Apply chemical peel. Chemical peel works to strip away dead skin cells, which in the process reveals new skin growth. This is very effective in minimizing hand wrinkles. Chemical peel is usually done at a dermatologist’s clinic, although commercial hand peeling products are available in many beauty stores. When buying your own peeling product, remember to choose that which carries a trustworthy brand name.
- Protect your hands with sunscreen. Just as your face needs sunscreen protection, your hands need to be protected from sun rays to prevent wrinkling. It doesn’t matter if it is cloudy or rainy, you have to apply sunscreen to your hands everyday. For better protection, reapply sunscreen many times within the day.
- Plan a healthy diet. A healthy diet helps in slowing down skin ageing, so it naturally contributes to the prevention and elimination of wrinkles. Specifically, you need to increase your intake of foods rich in Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration often results in hand wrinkles. So make sure you sufficiently hydrate your skin every day. If you don’t take enough water because of its bland taste, consider adding a few drops of lemon or lime extracts. Doing so will improve the flavor.
- Use rubber gloves. Prevent the wrinkles to get worse by continuously protecting your hands. Do this by using rubber gloves whenever you need to do activities that will expose your hands to harsh chemicals. When excessively and regularly exposed to chemicals, your hands will dry and eventually get wrinkles.
- Undergo a surgery. If your hands are severely wrinkly and cannot be remedied by simple and everyday care treatments, you can consider going through a surgery. The surgery involves shrinking the wrinkles and making them less visible. This, of course, comes with a costly price, so you better prepare yourself financially.
It is better to address hand wrinkles when they are still at the onset stage. So when you notice your hands are beginning to develop wrinkles, act fast and consider treating them immediately. You can even consult your dermatologist to get treatment recommendations according to your skin type and condition.