Sophisticated women are concerned with image. They need to appear aesthetically appealing within the norms of society and culture. Cosmetics, clothing, hair style, and the like are all important to most women. They all have to be perfect. And, since women are concerned with every minute detail on their body, their fingernails have to be in tip-top shape. This includes growing them long and shaping them perfectly. In spite of this, some women may clip their nails too short thus, making them wait for them to grow to the desired length in order to style them.
That said, if your nails are too short and desire to speed up their growth, then here are some tips you can consider trying out:
- Care for them. The biggest hindrance to nail growth is nail damage. If your nails are damaged, then their growth will definitely be stunted. That being the case, you will definitely want to constantly take care of your nails. Use an emery board to shape your nails every so often. Wash your hands and scrub your nails frequently. Avoid the external elements such as the harsh cold and the extreme heat by wearing gloves. Do the same if you constantly engage in manual labor. Keep your nails moist, shiny and healthy with hand cream. Do anything and everything to keep your nails in tip-top shape and you should be able to increase the 1/8 inch growth of your nails every month.
- Exercise your fingers. It may sound silly, but it does work. By exercising your fingers, you are increasing the blood circulation in your fingers, thus stimulating the growth of your nails. With that said, you may want to type on your computer, stitch a nice sweater or play the piano. This will exercise your fingers and get more blood pumping to your digits.
- More is better. This refers only to protein intake. The more protein you take into your system, the better your cells will regenerate. This means that your nails will grow faster and healthier. Supplement your high protein intake with daily doses of vitamin C and D that helps cellular growth and repair.
- Hydrate. Water is the basic element that the human body cannot live without. Drinking lots of water will keep your body healthy down to the cellular level. Drink about 8 to 12 tall glasses of water daily and your nails should get the message.
- Stay healthy. Exercise and proper diet can increase cellular growth immensely. Aside from the increased intake of protein and vitamins and the constant exercising of your fingers, providing the same care for your body will help your efforts immensely.
- Stay up late. According to studies, staying up late and not getting enough sleep can increase the growth of some parts of the body like the hair and fingernails. While this may not be a good idea since it is unhealthy, it has been proven that you can speed up the process of nail growth by consistently staying up late. Yes, it is an irony but scientific studies have proven it.
There you have it. Doing all this can surely speed up the growth of your
fingernails. Once the desired length has been achieved, it will be time
for you to style your nails the way you want them.