Acne is a skin condition that affects most teens during puberty. It can appear on different parts of the body but it is most common on the face. Severe acne can affect the self esteem of teens and this can be a problem. It affects the teen physically and also mentally. There are some things that you can do to help control the acne outbreak.
Follow these tips to control an acne outbreak:
- Water and proper diet. Drink lots of water and eat healthy so that you have the nutrients that your body needs. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily is advisable so that you can get rid of the toxins in your body. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables since they contain vitamins and nutrients that are great for the skin.
- Wash your face regularly. Wash your face at least twice a day, when you wake up and before going to bed. Washing the face will get rid of the dirt and oil on the surface. Dirt and oil are one of the main causes of acne. Use mild facial wash to clean your face. If you wear makeup, make sure that you remove your make up before you sleep to let the skin on your face breathe.
- Use water-based makeup. If you wear makeup every day, make sure that you use water-based makeup instead of oil-based ones. Oil-based makeup can clog up your pores and can cause acne.
- Exfoliate weekly. Exfoliate at least once a week using a facial scrub. Rinse your face and apply facial scrub on the tips of your fingers. Work the facial scrub using a circular motion and be sure to scrub on areas around the nose, the jaw, the forehead and the cheeks. Exfoliating will get rid of the dead skin cells and will prevent the clogging of pores.
- Do not pop pimples. People who experience acne breakouts try to pop their pimples on their own. You should not do this since you can have scarring on your face that can be permanent. Also, popping the pimples leaves the pores open and bacteria can enter. This can cause even more pimples to form.
- Visit the dermatologist. If you are experiencing a severe acne breakout and you are not able to control it, visit a dermatologist. The dermatologist will be able to help you with your problem. They can provide the best medication that will help you get rid of the acne. Follow the instructions of your dermatologist for the medication.
By following these tips, you will be able to take control of your acne breakouts. It is advisable to go to the dermatologist or the spa once a month to get a facial so that the skin on your face can feel refreshed and dirt-free. Even if the acne is gone, you have to still take the medication prescribed by your dermatologist so that you will not have more acne breakouts in the future.