Melanocytes are hair cells that produce melanin giving hair its color. When melanocytes stop producing melanin, this starts the growing of gray hair. Gray hair does not only grow when you’re older, though it’s usually that way. There is premature graying of hair wherein gray hair grows in the head of younger people. Some teenagers also experience this.
Gray hair is often associated with getting older that’s my most people dye their hair because they don’t want to look old, though there are some who don’t mind having gray hair. If you don’t want premature graying of your hair, there are different things that you can do to prevent this. There are vitamins, herbs and juice that can take to help prevent this.
To keep from growing gray hair, here are the things you need to do:
- Panthotenic acid. Panthotenic acid is a substance that can prevent premature graying of hair. This is present in vitamin B-5. Take this vitamin to prevent premature graying of hair.
- Medical conditions. There are medical conditions that cause your hair to turn gray fast or prematurely such as hypothyroidism, Grave's disease and Hashimoto's disease. It’s best to consult your doctor if you feel that there is something wrong with the premature graying of your hair.
- Vitamins and minerals. Aside from vitamin B-5, other B vitamins like biotin are best for your hair. Take B vitamins as well as other supplements to make sure that you do not have iodine, copper and iron deficiency as these affect the color of your hair and even cause it to fall. Eat iron rich foods such as liver, lean red meat, seafood, tofu and chicken, and iodine rich foods such as eggs, cheese and nori. Copper is a natural ingredient in foods that you can normally get from foods rich in mineral such as potatoes, beans and peas.
- Avoid flour and sugar. Flour and refined sugar can make the growth of your gray hair fast. Avoid foods with flour and refined sugar as much as you can to prevent the speedy growth of gray hair.
- No smoking. Smoking can also contribute to the fast graying of your hair. This is because smoke contains substances that are harmful to your hair and skin. Stop smoking and use antioxidants like vitamin E.
- Wheat grass juice. Wheat grass juice also helps in restoring color to your gray hair. Drink this to prevent gray hair.
- Supplements. There are supplements that were specifically produced to prevent premature growth of gray hair like Melancor. Melancor is a tablet produced to trigger Melancor so that it will produce more melanin and prevent the fast graying of your hair. He shou wu or also known as fo-ti is a Chinese herb that you can try to restore the color of your hair.
- Avoid stress. Stress is not only bad for your health but also makes you look older. This also affects the production of melanin, which will cause your hair to gray prematurely.
All of us will get older and we will not be able to permanently stop our
hair from growing gray, as this is part of life. However, with the
steps provided, you can prevent the premature growing of your gray hair
and feel younger for a longer time.