It’s true that you can never stop the years from coming in. But you can do something so those years won’t show on your skin. Isn’t it a pride if you say you’re 40 and everyone thinks you’re 30? The first step to getting that younger-looking skin is to keep your skin glowing and radiant.
The natural glow on the skin is synonymous to youthfulness. The more beautiful your skin glows, the more youthful you appear. Most people, however, would go with using commercial products to achieve glowing fairness. Commercial remedies are great but they are not the sole options. Below are more ways on how to keep your skin glowing:
- Drink more water every day. Everybody knows that drinking enough water everyday is very beneficial to keep the body’s balance. Even supermodels and actresses swear by the beauty benefits of drinking water. Drink at least two liters of water every day. Work your way up to that by adding more glasses to your usual water every day. Always bring a bottle of water with you, too. Don’t waste the chance that you’re finally craving for water.
- Watch out what you eat. Fried foods are tasty and fun to eat. But these are the worst enemies of your glowing skin. Certain foods are known to be helpful to achieve that glowing fairness. Join in your list green tea, salmon, blueberries, carrots, sweet potatoes, kiwi, sunflower seeds, turkey, lemon, apple, cucumber, and apricot.
- Detoxify regularly. The pollution around us and the chemicals that get into our bodies are major factors why our skin gets easily dull. Detoxifying will remove these chemicals from the body and so, your skin will show the glowing effect. Some people detoxify once a year along with the required fasting of their respective religions. You may choose to detoxify once a month by drinking only fresh fruit juices in one day.
- Exercise. Luck is not the reason why most of the physically active people have glowing skin. They are exercising regularly to get their beautiful glow. You should do that, too, not only to achieve beautiful glow but also to keep your body healthy. Start with a daily 30-minute brisk walking. Schedule yourself also to do exercise for an hour at least three times a day. Give exercise a time and you surely can do that.
- Have a steam bath. A steam bath will open up your skin’s pores and loosen the trapped debris inside. This is great specially if you frequently wear makeup or if you face dusts and other impurities regularly.
- Exfoliate. Buy a gentle exfoliating product for your face and body. Use this at least once a week to remove dirt and dead skin cells. Follow the manufacturer’s directions when using the product. If no direction is indicated, better be safe by washing it off after three minutes or earlier. Leaving it on your skin beyond three minutes will already be irritating.
Find the best way to achieve and keep your skin glowing. Try all the
tips above. There sure are one or two tips that will be compatible to
your skin condition. Just be patient because glowing skin will not be
instant. But once you have achieved it, you have to constantly work on
it to keep it that way.