Seems like today, everyone is wearing low rise jeans. However, this look is not for everyone. If you’re over thirty, pass up on this very hip and young look. If you do want to wear low rise jeans, here are some fashion tips to make sure you look great in your pants.
- Get the right fit. It is crucial that you wear the right sized pants when you are wearing low rise jeans. If your pants are too tight, it won’t look good and you will be uncomfortable in your jeans. If your pants are too loose, you will moon everyone with your butt crack showing. Different clothing manufacturers use different sizing guides so try different pairs on till you find one that fits comfortably and doesn’t pull down when you squat or bend down. Because low rise jeans are tailored to hug the body, you may even want to go one size up than what you normally wear.
- Wear the right underwear. You need to wear low rise or bikini underwear when wearing low rise jeans. It’s just plain wrong to be wearing granny style underwear with these hip hugging jeans. If your underwear is sticking out, your pants are either too low and tight, or your underwear needs to be changed.
- Don’t be a muffin top. Muffins and rolls belong in a bakery and on the dinner table, not on your waist. You will get a muffin top if you are wearing jeans that are too low and tight and the fat on your hips and waist gets cinched, creating a roll of fat just above your pants waistband. This is a definite no-no. If you really love the look but can’t pull it off naturally, wear a pair of control top underwear or some heavy duty Spanx. This will pull everything in, leaving a smooth and curvy silhouette instead. Make sure your top doesn’t ride up.
- Go with bootleg pants. To make your legs look longer, choose bootleg cut pants. It’s the most universally flattering cut for most people and will help balance out your proportions. Another option is a straight leg jean. Skinny jeans will make your hips look wide, so you may want to pass up this style unless you are reed thin.
- Wear a shirt that covers the top button. If you wear a baby t-shirt, your belly button and gut will stick out. It’s all about proportions when it comes to fashion, so check the mirror to see that your shirt falls at least an inch or two below the waist band of your jeans. Otherwise, when you raise your arms or when you sit down, your gut will stick out.
Complete the look of your sexy low rise jeans by wearing shows with a heel on it. Low rise jeans will help elongate your torso and emphasize your hips and waist. Not everyone can pull it off, but if you’re one of the lucky few blessed with a hot body to wear this style, wear this fashion piece with panache and confidence!