A promenade, or prom, is a formal ball that is held for a school class at the end of the academic year. Usually, prom is one of the most memorable events in a student’s life. For sure, you would want to look good on your prom.
Here are some tips that will help you look thinner for your prom:
- Dress according to the shape of your body.
- Choose appropriate undergarments for whatever you are going to wear.
- Instead of wearing sweaters and turtleneck tops to cover your neck, choose V-neck tops and dresses that enhance your facial features.
- Opt for straight-legged pants rather than flared-bell bottoms since they tend to create a cleaner look.
- If you are 5 feet 4 inches or under, look for dresses that hit just above or at the knee.
- Consider an empire waist that creates a clean, elongated look. An empire waist allows fabric to fall smoothly over the rest of the body. It draws attention to the slimmest part of your upper body.
- Wear accessories to keep focus out of any problem areas. Place heavier jewelry on your neck and ears, rather than on the arms. However, do not wear too much jewelry. It gives the illusion of additional bulk.
- Wear black or any dark colors to look slim.
- Use monochrome clothing, or use only one color for your outfit. If you must wear two colors, have the darker color on the bottom and the lighter one on your upper body. You may also blend shades of the same color, like stone brown and coffee brown.
- If you are wearing a skirt, wear something that is longer than it is wide. Wear elegant skirts since they will look better. However, straight skirts might look better if they are shorter than the usual. Exceeding the narrowest part of the calf will make the hem lines look better. Do not wear long skirts because they will make you look older than your real age.
- Avoid wearing bulky pockets or using belts or anything that draws attention to the diaphragm area of your body.
- For those who are wearing pants, do not wear wide-bottom pants. Using “well cut” tailored pants with no pockets is a better option.
- Select shoes that will compliment what you wear. Make sure that they are stylish and comfortable. You should be able to walk and dance while wearing them. Practice walking with your shoes about a month before your prom.
- A purse or bag is the finishing touch to your outfit. It serves as an accessory and is essential for carrying necessary items too. Choose a small bag that is big enough to hold lipstick, money, an extra pair of pantyhose, a few safety pins, and possibly a camera.
In addition to those tips, be sure to have proper breathing and good posture. These are two quickest ways to feel and look good.
A few more final tips are: enjoy your outfit, relax, have a great time, and smile. By doing these, your prom will surely become one of the most memorable moments of your life.