It is said that as long as you have the money to spend on beauty treatments, you will never look old and ugly. Well indeed, a lot of people are willing to do anything and even spend huge sums of money just to look young and good. Face lifts, plastic surgery, botox treatments and many more procedures are out in the market within your grasp, as long as you have the cash to dole out. Unfortunately, this is not very promising for men and women who want to look younger but are financially challenged. Yet hope is not lost for there are alternatives.
You can look younger without plastic surgery or botox by following these tips:
- Moisturize every day. Dry skin wrinkles easily and prematurely. As you age, collagen in your tissues diminishes in volume causing your skin to sag and wrinkle. Moisturizers can help your skin to stay supple and tight and delay the formation of unwanted lines on your face.
- Use make up and concealers to hide the soft age lines below the eyes. Choose make up colors that will blend with your outfit. Adjust your make up according to the time of day and the type of occasion you will be attending.
- Have a new hairstyle. Find a hair stylist who knows how to adapt your age to a hairstyle that can strip off several years from your overall look. Shoulder length hair with soft curls can create a sensuous and young-looking impression.
- Be more fashionable. Although you don’t have to wear your daughter’s teenybopper jeans or shirts to look 20 years younger, you can definitely make use of trendier clothes for adults to project a younger look. Moreover, try to include youthful colors in your wardrobe. While black is classic, you may opt for brighter colors like pink, orange and yellow as these colors can brighten your aura and create a more youthful appearance.
- Eat the right kinds of food. There are certain foods that are certified to help you look younger. Oats and all kinds of vegetables and fruits can help in making your skin look glowing and youthful. Antioxidants such as ginger, tea, tomatoes and garlic are also recommended to aid in eliminating the toxins from the body that cause illnesses and speed up aging.
- Exercise regularly. Good blood circulation is one secret to looking younger. With exercise, the blood is able to supply oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. It likewise strengthens the bones and prevents osteoporosis and helps improve conditions of arthritis and rheumatism. With strong bones, you will become more agile and snappy in your moves, thus projecting the aura of youth.
- In pictorials, position yourself in such a way that you are facing the lights. Bright lights diffuse the lines on the face hence making you look a lot younger in photos.
- Project a youthful aura. See to it that you have the correct posture. Make sure your back is straight and your shoulders are propped up and aligned well.
It’s natural for anyone to want to look younger. While cosmetic procedures, surgeries and botox injections have become popular methods to preserve your youth, it is good to know that you still have other options to help you maintain a youthful appearance. Always remember however that youth is a state of mind and one’s look or age is not the true measure of a person’s character and wisdom.