A blackhead is a skin condition that affects many people, from teenagers to adults. For teens, the skin condition can be a result of the hormonal changes during puberty. These cause the glands in the face and body to secrete more oil and sweat. Mixed with dirt and effects of pollution, the glands become swollen and acne occurs. In adults, acne can be a result of stress and sometimes, lapses in hygienic practice.
Treating blackheads is easier today. There are plenty of skin care specialists that will help eliminate blackheads for you. If you want an affordable but effective solution, however, try a blackhead mask. These masks are massaged onto the face, around the nose, bridge, cheeks under the eye, and other places where there blackheads are prominent. Through repeated use, the mask will help remove the blackheads. Here are ways to make your own blackhead mask.
1. Get the following in your local supermarket:
- Mixing bowl
- Egg beater
- A dozen eggs
- Half a dozen fresh lemons
- Small bowl with boiling water
2. Break the eggs open and separate the yellows from the whites.
3. Pour the egg whites on the mixing bowl, and mix it with the beater. Egg whites are excellently for masks because they can penetrate the pores before drying up. Once dried, dirt that has been captured by the egg white on your skin will be easier to remove.
4. Cut open the fresh lemon and squeeze the contents in a cup. Take any bits of seeds out and make sure you have only pure juice. Squeeze the pulp to make the most of the lemons, and to extract nutrients that can soothe skin riddled with blackheads. Lemon naturally contains Alpha Hydroxy acid, a common OTC remedy for acne and blackheads, and significantly tightens skin pores. It also penetrates the skin pores to eradicate oils, dead skin cells, dirt and other impurities that cause blackheads.
5. Pour the lemon concentrate to the whisked egg whites. Stir with egg beater for a few minutes to ensure that the mixture is perfectly blended.
6. Wash your face with your favorite facial washer.
7. Prepare your pores for the blackhead mask by enlarging your pores. This will allow the mask to penetrate deep into the skin and reach dirt and grime deep in the skin. A good way to do this is through the use of warm water. You can also use steam from a hot water bowl directed near your face. Use a towel to trap steam in, as much as possible.
8. Get your egg whites and lemon juice blackhead mask. Apply a significant amount onto your skin. Make sure that the product covers your face well, in order to ensure that as much dirt as possible is removed.
9. Let the mask dry on your face for 15-20 minutes, after which you can wash peel and wash the mask off with your fingers and water. Notice that your skin has become tighter, and that the blackheads are now stuck on the mixture.
10. Make sure to wash your face after peeling, and then apply a moisturizing lotion. This will help soothe your skin from further irritation, and will prevent impurities and dirt from penetrating your skin again.
A youthful and glowing face does not have to be impossible, even for you. With these easy steps and affordable products, getting rid of your blackheads can easily be done.